Cucumber Pasta Salad is a simple salad, that is light and fresh! The perfect salad for BBQs, picnics, potlucks, or any get together!
I am sure it comes as no surprise that we grill a lot! Having unlimited access to meat has its perks! We grill all year round, but the minute spring hits we have BBQS right through the summer and into fall!
BBQs are on of my favorite things to do during the summers. I love me a grilled steak or burger! But what I really love even more than meat sometimes are the sides!! Salads, chips, dips, fruit…the sides are where it’s at!
My sister-in-law brought this salad to a family party years ago and we all loved it! It’s been a staple at all of our BBQS ever since!
The Vinegar Salad Dressing
This is a cucumber pasta salad with vinegar dressing. If you hate vinegar this salad is not for you! The dressing in this salad is made with vinegar, sugar and a few other ingredients and seasonings. But the vinegar is a big part of the flavor with this salad and the sugar sweetens it just enough! That being said, the vinegar is down right delicious! The dressing is light, simple and fresh!!
Other Ingredients for the Pasta Salad
The salad is made with bow tie pasta, sliced red onions and sliced cucumbers! Simple and easy!
You can use any other type of pasta that you like for this salad. The larger pastas like bowtie, penne, rigatoni, ziti, or rotini will work best. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
Red onion is the only onion I will use in the this salad. The bite from this kind of onion is needed and the color is needed for the salad.
The ingredients are simple in this pasta salad, but mixed with the vinegar dressing is it so yummy! The salad is full of flavor. I love the bit of crunch from the cucumbers and onion and the tangy dressing makes it the perfect light salad for summer! I love the ratio of cucumbers, onions and pasta that this recipe has. But you can easily add more cucumbers or more red onion as desired.
Serving the Salad
The salad is easy to make, just throw all the ingredients together. For serving just give it a good mix before you are ready to eat and enjoy. The recipe makes a lot of dressing. The vinegar dressing will settle at the end of the bowl so just give it another toss to re-distribute the dressing as needed. Pasta salads also soak up the dressing, so you will want the extra dressing, especially if you have leftovers!
Cucumber Pasta Salad with vinegar dressing is a simple salad, that is light and fresh! The perfect salad for BBQs, picnics, potlucks, or any get together! It doesn’t need to be kept cold as there is not anything that will spoil in it, so it is perfect for summer! Make it today!
I would love to hear from you if you try this recipe and how you liked it! Feel free to comment below!
I hope you enjoy!
- Fast and Easy BBQ Baked Beans
- Heart Shaped Breadsticks
- The Best Pot Roast in the Oven
- Butter Ranch Pretzels
- Sheet Pan Pizza
- Easy Slow Cooker French Dip
Cucumber Pasta Salad
- 1 (1 lb.) box bow tie pasta, cooked and cooled
- 2 cucumbers, peeled (optional) and sliced, halved or quartered
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin and cut into strips
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp Accent Seasoning see notes
- 1 tbsp dried parsley or more as desired
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. When it is done rinse it under cold water so it cools.
- While the pasta cooks, whisk all of the dressing ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, sliced onions and sliced cucumbers. Pour the dressing over the pasta, cucumbers and onions. Mix well.
- This will stay well in the fridge for up to 3 days. Stir again when you are ready to serve to redistribute the dressing.