Cucumber Pasta Salad is a simple salad, that is light and fresh! The perfect salad for BBQs, picnics, potlucks, or any get together!
I am sure it comes as no surprise that we grill a lot! Having unlimited access to meat has its perks! We grill all year round, but the minute spring hits we have BBQS right through the summer and into fall!
BBQs are on of my favorite things to do during the summers. I love me a grilled steak or burger! But what I really love even more than meat sometimes are the sides!! Salads, chips, dips, fruit…the sides are where it’s at!
My sister-in-law brought this salad to a family party years ago and we all loved it! It’s been a staple at all of our BBQS ever since!
If you hate vinegar this salad is not for you! The dressing in this salad is made with vinegar, sugar and a few other ingredients and seasonings. But the vinegar is a big part of the flavor with this salad and the sugar sweetens it just enough! That being said, the vinegar is down right delicious! The dressing is light, simple and fresh!!
The salad is made with bow tie pasta, sliced red onions and sliced cucumbers! Simple and easy! But those 3 ingredients with the dressing are heavenly! The salad is full of flavor. I love the bit of crunch from the cucumbers and onion and the tangy dressing makes it the perfect light salad for summer! I love the ratio of cucumbers, onions and pasta that this recipe has. But you can easily add more cucumbers or more red onion as desired.
Cucumber Pasta Salad is a simple salad, that is light and fresh! The perfect salad for BBQs, picnics, potlucks, or any get together! Make it today!
I would love to hear from you if you try this recipe and how you liked it! Feel free to comment below!
I hope you enjoy!
Cucumber Pasta Salad
- 1 (1 lb.) box bow tie pasta, cooked and cooled
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin, halved or quartered you can choose to half the slices or quarter the slices depending on preference
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin and cut into strips
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp Accent Seasoning see notes
- 1 tbsp dried parsley or more as desired
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients toghether.
- Add pasta, sliced onions and sliced cucmbers to a large bowl. Pour dressing over the pasta, cucumbers and onions. Mix well.
- This will stay well in the fridge for up to 3 days. Stir again when you are ready to serve to redistribute the dressing.