Chicken Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry is a fast and easy meal that is delicious. Tender chicken, fresh broccoli and ramen noodles tossed in an Asian flavored, savory stir fry sauce.
This Chicken Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry is full of delicious Asian flavor. The stir fry sauce is easy to make and comes together in minutes.
I love stir fry of any kind and Asian cuisine. Chow mein, lo mein and any type of rice or noodles with meat and crisp-tender veggies is a meal I know I will enjoy!
The Ramen Noodles
I use ramen noodles for this recipe. No fancy noodles needed! Other Asian Noodles (that are more of an authentic Asian noodle) are available at most grocery stores. They are often found with the Asian Foods or sometimes near the produce (where you can find egg roll wrappers) in the refrigerated section.
I always have ramen in my cupboard, so I use the cheap ramen noodles, and ditch the seasoning packet. I prefer the texture of the ramen noodles over some of the Asian noodles you can buy. But feel free to use what you wish!
I put my noodles in really hot water and let them sit for 3 minutes while I am prepping other things. After the 3 minutes, I drain the water and rinse them in cold water so they don’t continue to soften. Then let the noodles sit (without water) while you cook the rest. The noodles end up being perfectly cooked (not mushy) once heated in the sauce at the end.
Chicken and Broccoli
In this stir fry, I add chicken and broccoli (I bet you didn’t guess that by the name…ha!). I love chicken and broccoli whether it is served over rice or in a noddle stir fry and this dish hits the mark!
I cut my broccoli into larger bite sized pieces. A little larger pieces of broccoli is what I prefer, but you can cut them as big or as small as you like. I like my broccoli crisp-tender where it is steamed or cooked just a bit, but still has some crunch to it, with a bit of tenderness.
Feel free to cook it however you like. I like to let my broccoli sit in a bowl of very hot water so it starts to soften just a bit as I am cooking the chicken.
The Stir Fry Sauce
The sauce is delicious on its own and makes about 1 1/2 cups. I use this sauce on so many Asian dishes. It is made with simple ingredients. All you need is soy sauce (I prefer low sodium soy sauce so it is not too salty), chicken broth, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame seed oil, mined garlic and some seasonings.
You can buy bottled stir fry sauce. Kikkoman has a delicious one. It will still be a yummy easy stir fry dish!
Making the Ramen Stir Fry
This is a fast and easy ramen stir fry. Just cook your chicken, remove it from the pan. Then let your broccoli steam in that same pan with some water. Add the chicken back into the pan and pour your stir fry sauce over it. Let it heat and stir it to make sure all of the broccoli and chicken is covered.
Next, add your slightly cooked and softened ramen noodles to the pan and give it a gentle mix. Let the sauce thicken for a minute as it all heats together. Then serve and enjoy! I love to add some chopped green onions to mine!
Chicken Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry is a fast and easy meal that is delicious. I know your family will enjoy!
I would love to hear your feedback on this recipe! Let me know in the comments below!
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- Yummy Carrot Cake
- Creamy Baked Chicken
- Easy Peppermint Dip
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Pumpkin Lush Dessert
- Oven Baked Tacos
Chicken Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry
- 1 lb. chicken, cut up into bite sized pieces
- 1-2 tbsp canola oil or olive oil (for cooking the chicken)
- salt and pepper (to season the chicken pieces)
- 1/2 lb. fresh broccoli, cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp water (for cooking broccoli in skillet)
- 2-3 green onions, chopped for serving
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce *use low sodium or it may be too salty
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp minced garlic (I use the bottled kind)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/8 tsp sesame seed oil (very little amount, but necessary for the flavor)
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch (necessary for thickening)
- 2 pkgs (3 oz. each) ramen noodles, any flavor, toss the seasoning packet (total of 6 oz. of noodles)
- Prepare the stir fry sauce by adding all of the ingredients together and whisking sauce until mixed well. Set aside.
- Place ramen noodles in bowl of hot water and let sit for 3 minutes. Then drain hot water and rinse in cold water. Set aside.OPTIONAL: Put your cut up broccoli in some hot water so it will start to soften while you are cooking the chicken.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add oil. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook chicken until done and no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Cover chicken with foil to keep warm.
- Drain broccoli (if you had it sit in hot water). Add cut up broccoli along with 1 tbsp. of water to the skillet you cooked the chicken in. Let it cook/steam until it turns bright green and begins to soften. Cook broccoli to your liking. Add chicken back into the pan.
- Take your prepared sauce and whisk it again to make sure everything is mixed well. Pour sauce into the pan over the chicken and broccoli. Mix well, making sure the sauce covers it all.
- Add your drained ramen noodles and mix well. Let the saucen thicken a bit, then remove from heat.
- Top with chopped green onions (or you can put green onions on each individual serving). Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and should only be used as an approximation.