Dad’s Favorite Chili is a classic easy chili recipe that is loaded with flavor! It is full of ground beef, pinto and kidney beans, some fresh veggies and classic chili seasonings.
My mom has been making this easy chili for my dad for years! It is a classic chili recipe but has so much flavor! The recipe comes together pretty fast and it can simmer on your stove for hours, making your house smell fantastic!Jump to Recipe
Simple Ingredients for Dad’s Favorite Chili
This easy chili has all of the classic ingredients you find in a chili. It has ground beef, kidney and pinto beans and simple chili seasonings.
Fresh vegetables are part of this chili recipe and they make the flavor out of this world!
You will need chopped tomatoes, celery, diced onions, and diced green Anaheim Chilis. The fresh ingredients add flavor that other chili recipes are lacking with just beans and ground beef! It makes the chili hearty and flavorful.
Seasonings for Dad’s Favorite Chili
This easy chili and it’s fresh and delicious ingredients simmer in a tomato sauce base with simple seasonings of chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. That is it! So simple but they are the perfect blend of seasonings to make this chili the BEST!
Cooking Easy Chili
This chili is easy to make. You will need to brown your ground beef and chop your veggies.
Then, add it all to a large pot! Stir it all together and season it. Nothing complicated here, just classic chili! Let is simmer on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 hours. A slow cookers works great too! Let it heat for 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high!
Seasonings for Easy Chili
Serve your chili with shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions, tortilla chips or your favorite chili fixings!
This chili can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated on the stove or in the microwave! Leftovers are even better!
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
Here are some products I used to make this recipe!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.”
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- Apple Spice Sheet Cake
- Raspberry Sweet Rolls
- Tex-Mex Chicken Bake
- Air Fryer Chicken Bites
- Jolly Rancher Slushies
- Chipotle Chicken
Dad’s Favorite Chili
- 2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 (29 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 oz) can pinto beans, with liquid *2 – 16 oz. cans work too
- 1 (29 oz) can kidney beans, with liquid *2 – 16 oz. cans work too
- 2 cups water
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 Anaheim Chilis, seeds removed and diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced *not a bunch-just 1 stalk
- 3 tbsp chili powder *more to taste
- 2 tsp cumin *more to taste
- 2 tsp salt *more to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper *more to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- Brown your ground beef and drain it. Chop your tomatoes, celery, onion and Anaheim Chili.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large pot and let it simmer over medium-low heat for 2-3 hours.**Do not drain your beans, add the liquid!
- Adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- Serve your chili with shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions, tortilla chips or your favorite chili fixings!