Chocolate Brownies make everything in life better! And you will never need to make those boxed brownies again! When your chocolate craving strikes this will be your fix! There is double the chocolate, they are soft and chewy and full of rich chocolatey goodness. If you are not a chocolate lover and don’t like rich desserts, these probably are not for you!
These brownies are easy to make and they are made with ingredients you have in your kitchen. There are plenty of chocolate brownie recipes out there and I have several that I really like, but this one is fast with simple ingredients and definitely is my go-to when I am craving something rich and chocolatey! This recipe comes from Pizzazzerie, and does not disappoint! Give it a try and I know you will fall in love with them too!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a sauce pan over low heat, melt your butter and add your sugar. Stir (I use a whisk) until it is fully melted and combined.
Remove from heat and pour your butter/sugar mixture into a heat proof bowl. Stir in the eggs, stirring as you add them. Add the vanilla, stir. Add the cocoa, salt, baking powder and flour, stir until just combined. Add your chocolate chips and stir only until combined. Do not over mix!
Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper for baking. It seems weird and doesn’t look as pretty, but I love the ease of clean up and even more love that fact that you lift out the brownies right on the parchment paper when you are ready to cut. And when you are ready to put them back in the pan (if you don’t eat them all), just lift it and place it back in the pan! It is just so much easier! If you don’t use the parchment paper, make sure to grease your pan.
Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on your oven. They are done when you poke the center with a toothpick and it comes out clean. I like mine a bit underdone so they are softer and chewier. Do not overbake!
The brownies, if covered, will stay soft and fresh for 4-5 days. You can always pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them warm again when re-serving. They are just as yummy as they are when freshly baked.
We love them eaten as a brownie sundae…. a warm brownie with vanilla ice cream on top and homemade chocolate sauce drizzled on top….yes please! It is the most delicious dessert….ever!
Hope you enjoy!
Double Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 1/4 cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 unsweetend cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/3 all purpose flour
- 1-1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. This will make for easy cleanup and easy removal from the pan for cutting. You can also grease your pan if you prefer.
- In a small saucepan (low heat), melt the butter and add the sugar. Whisk together until the butter is fully melted and the sugar is blended. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the melted butter and sugar into a bowl (make sure it is one that won’t melt). Stir in eggs, stirring the entire time. Add the vanilla and stir.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and flour. Stir only until combined, do not overmix. Add the chocolate chips and stir again, making sure to not overmix.
- Pour into your 9×13 pan. (If you do not use parchment paper in it, make sure you grease it).
- Place the pan in the oven, and let bake 30-40 minutes (depending on your oven). They are done when a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center. Do not overbake- they are so much better a bit underdone I think!
- Let them cool for at least 10 minutes. Pull the parchment paper out, carefully lifting the brownies from the pan (leave them on the parchment paper). Cut into squares.
- If covered, they will stay soft and fresh for 4-5 days. You can always pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them warm again when re-serving. They are just as yummy as freshly baked. We eat brownie sundaes with them and reheat the brownie the next day before adding the ice cream and chocolate sauce.