Fast and Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff is comfort food meant for kids! The creamy sauce with ground beef paired and tender noodles makes this meal a winner in my house!
My youngest boy loves beef stroganoff. If I ask him to pick a meal for the week he always picks stroganoff! This easy stroganoff made with ground beef is a recipe your entire family will love. It is fast and easy, takes under 30 minutes, and is yummy comfort food!
Making the Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff
Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff is made with things I bet you have in your cupboard! You need ground beef, egg noodles, sour cream, cream of mushroom soup and some seasonings! That is it!
If you hate canned creamed soups this recipe is not for you! There are quite a few recipes that I use the canned creamed soups in, and I love how fast I can throw a meal together with them. Not to mention they give it great flavor! This recipe calls for it and it’s downright delicious!
I put my egg noodles (I like the extra wide egg noodles) on to cook first, I only use 1/2 lb, so half the bag of egg noodles. Then while the pasta is boiling and cooking I brown my ground beef, in a large skillet, then rinse it and drain it. Then the ground beef goes back into the same skillet.
SIDE NOTE: It is totally a personal preference on if you need to rinse your ground beef. Most people just drain their meat and don’t rinse it because they worry the lose all the flavor when they rinse it. I just feel better rinsing it…weird, I know….do as you wish.
Next, I add my can of cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and seasonings.
You can easily adjust the seasonings to your liking.
Last, add in the cooked egg noodles once they are done and drained.
I always salt and pepper to taste, then let it warm a bit longer, then taste and adjust again once all the flavors have warmed and come together!
Easy as that, and in under 30 minutes you will have a hot, delicious meal on the table that everyone will like!
Stretch this to feed more people
If you want it extra saucy, double the sauce.
This recipe feeds my family of 5 easily with leftovers (it makes about 8 cups so you could feed more than 5 depending on serving size).
If you are needing to feed more people, you can double the sauce and noodles. Add another can of cream of mushroom soup and more sour cream and seasonings and cook the entire bag (1 lb.) of egg noodles…it works great with the same amount of ground beef so you don’t have to add more (or add more ground beef, because really that is the best part!)
If you have leftovers it will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days and can be reheated in the microwave or stovetop.
Hope you enjoy!
Here are some products I used to make this recipe:
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Check out my latest posts!
- The Best Pot Roast in the Oven
- Butter Ranch Pretzels
- Sheet Pan Pizza
- Easy Slow Cooker French Dip
- Cucumber Pasta Salad
- BLT Ranch Pasta Salad
Fast and Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked, drained and rinsed (rinsing optional)
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lb egg noodles, cooked and drained (1/2 of 1 lb. bag)
- 1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your egg noodles according to the package. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, on medium heat, brown your ground beef, then drain and rinse (rinsing optional).
- Add the cooked ground beef back in to the same skillet and add your cream of musroom soup and sour cream. Stir together. Heat on medium-low heat.
- Add your Worcestershire sauce, paprika, seasonings and salt and pepper to taste. (I usually use at least 1 tsp of salt then add more as needed).
- Add in the cooked noodles, stirring to make sure it is fully mixed. Continue to heat for a few minutes, then taste again and season to taste as needed.
- This Stroganoff can be kept in the fridge for 4-5 days and reheated as needed.