Fresh easy homemade guacamole is better than anything you buy from a store! It is made with fresh ingredients and is the perfect chip dip or garnish for your favorite Mexican dishes!
Fresh Ingredients for Homemade Guacamole
This recipe makes only about 1/2 cup. This is the perfect amount when we are having chicken tacos or fajitas because only the Butcher Man and myself eat it (the boys say it is too mushy and hate avocado-crazy!). If I am having a lot of people over, then I will double, if not triple it!
For this fast and easy guacamole I use an avocado, 1/2 of a small roma tomato, some chopped red onion, chopped cilantro, fresh lime juice and some kosher salt. So easy but so good!
It is easy to make. Chop up the avocado, tomato, onion and cilantro. Add it to a bowl, then add lime juice and mash it all together. I usually add my salt at the very end.
You can add more, less or omit any of the ingredients.
The guacamole will not stay fresh very long. It will go dark pretty fast (just like an apple when it sits out too long and the air oxidizes it). I have found that putting the avocado pit in your bowl and covering it up with the guacamole, then covering the guacamole with plastic wrap pressed right on top of it works pretty darn good to keep it fresher a bit longer.
Easy Guacamole…give it a try! You will be hooked, and will never want to buy pre-packaged guacamole again!
Hope you enjoy!
Looking for a delicious and easy Fresh Homemade Salsa? Try mine! Click HERE for the recipe for the best Homemade Restaurant Style Salsa! Also try my Easy Blender Salsa, My Fresh Pico de Gallo or my Avocado Salsa.
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- The Best Bean Dip
- Firecracker Chicken
- Creamy Chicken Bacon Pasta
- Chicken Taquitos (Rolled Tacos)
- Fast and Easy French Bread Pizza
- Easy Butter Cracker Chicken
- 1 medium/large ripe avocado, pit removed, peeled, chopped *save the pit, see note
- 1/2 roma tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lime juice to taste about 1/2 small lime, squeezed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Peel avocado, remove the pit and chop. Chop 1/2 roma tomato. Chop red onion and cilantro. Add to a bowl.
- To the same bowl, add fresh lime juice.
- Mash the avacado, mixing in the other ingredients as you go. Add salt. Mix until guacamole is as smooth or as chunky as you like.
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container for 2-3 days or until it turns brown.
- You can easily change the flavors as needed. If you don’t like too much lime juice, cut back on the amount. Same with tomato, onion and cilantro.
- Using a ripe avocado will you give you the best results (not too mushy but not to firm). Too firm of an avacado won’t “mush” as for a smooth texture. If you like it chunky, then a firm avocado will work great!
- Fresh guacamole goes brown fast, but if you add the avocado pit to the bowl, it should help keep it fresh longer! I also add plastic wrap pressed to the guacamole, then put a lid on the container. The plastic wrap, along with the pit, seems to keep it fresh a bit longer.