This dressing is so versatile. Use it to dress up a salad (think oriental-chicken salad), sauce for chicken, dipping sauce for nuggets, or as a sauce to drizzle in a wrap or on a sandwich. It has a smooth sweet honey taste, and a slight punch of flavor from the dijon mustard. It is simple to make and can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
Just add all the ingredients and stir together. Easy as that! You can easily sweeten it up with a touch more honey or add some more Dijon mustard for more of a robust flavor and a touch of heat.
Honey Dijon Dressing
- 1/4 cup mayo do not use Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar see note
- 1 tsp dijon mustard see note
- 1/8 tsp sesame seed oil see note
- Mix all ingredients together. Makes about 1/2 cup of sauce. Refrigerate for up to one week.
- You can use any type of vinegar in this recipe. I love rice vinegar because of the Asian flavor. It is slightly sweet with not too much acidity and there is usually no added salt or sugars so you can control the flavor. You can find rice vinegar on the Asian food aisle at any grocery store. If you do not have rice vinegar, a regular white vinegar will do, or a cider vinegar as well.
- The Dijon mustard flavor is subtle in this recipe, but if you want it to stand out more add more to your liking.
- Sesame seed oil has a very strong taste-a little goes a long way, and too much can easily ruin your dressing. So start with 1/8 tsp and slowly add more up to 1/4 tsp. Sesame seed oil is carried at most grocery stores and can be found with the Asian sauces and condiments.