Super Easy NO FAIL Homemade Rolls are the perfect soft roll for any meal! They are pillow soft, easy to make and so delicious!
I am a carb lover! I’ll take carbs over ice cream, chocolate or anything sweet! Every meal in my opinion needs some sort of bread, roll, or breadstick. These Super Easy-Super Soft- NO FAIL Homemade Rolls are perfect for any meal and you will not be able to stop eating them! They are so easy to make, and are so delicious! They are by far the BEST roll I have ever eaten, anywhere!
So Easy, You Can’t Mess Them Up!!
When I say these rolls are so easy you can’t mess them up…I mean it! I have never had a batch not turn out, my sister has never not had them turn out and they are so easy and good! My sister’s family loves them as much as we do, and once you make them, you will understand the love we have when it comes to these homemade rolls!
So what makes them so easy? You just throw everything in a bowl, and stir it with a spoon! Then wait for them to rise! THAT IS IT! No mixing, kneading, or anything like that! No worrying about how much flour you are adding! Just a good stir to mix all of the ingredients and then you will tightly cover your bowl with plastic wrap and walk away! So simple but the results are out-of-this-world!
If you make yeast breads a lot then you may be a bit skeptical. How can they turn out so soft and delicious without kneading? I have no clue, I am sure there is some sort of science behind it, but I don’t really care! Because the rolls are heavenly!
Making and baking the Super Easy NO FAIL -Super Soft Homemade Rolls
The ingredients will be everything you have already in your kitchen! You will need sugar, yeast, warm water, melted butter, 2 eggs (beaten), salt, and flour.
You will activate/proof your yeast, then throw the other ingredients in the bowl and give it a good stir.
The dough mixture, after it is stirred, will be a yellow color, pretty lumpy and just downright weird looking compared to your carefully light kneaded yeast doughs. Trust me…they turn out! Don’t over-stir trying to get the lumps out! Just stir until the dough ingredients are mixed well.
The dough will also seem really sticky and you will for sure doubt me, but doubt not…they will rise, and be so melt-in-your-mouth soft and delicious!!
You will tightly cover your bowl with plastic wrap and set them aside to rise. The rising time depends on so many factors. So just watch the dough and it needs to at least double in size. My dough usually take anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 hours to raise enough!
After the dough has doubled in size, lightly sprinkle your counter with some flour and sprinkle the top of the dough with a dusting of flour. Take the dough out of the bowl (use your hands) and put it on the floured surface. You will need to roll it in some light flour, just enough so it is not too sticky to work with.
Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a large rectangle that is roughly 1/4 inch thick.
To cut the rolls, I use a pizza cutter, but a knife works great too. You will cut 8-9 strips, width wise (the shorter, fatter way).
Then you will make a long cut lengthwise/horizontal, cutting the strips in half, leaving you with 16-18 strips of dough. Roll the strip of dough up. (see the photo below…I didn’t take one after having all of my strips cut… but there should be more strips vertically (fatter/width wise)-duh!)
Place the rolled rolls on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or on a greased baking sheet. Cover the rolls with a clean kitchen towel, and let them rise again for another hour or until doubled in size.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Once the rolls have doubled in size, bake them in the oven for 8-10 minutes, watching them closely until they are browned on the tops. Remove them from the oven and spread them with some warm butter and enjoy!
Super Easy-Super Soft Homemade Rolls are the perfect roll for any meal! They are pillow soft, easy to make and so delicious!
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
Here are some products I used to make this recipe!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.”
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- Avocado Salsa
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Halloween Marshmallow Pops
- Halloween Muddy Buddy Snack Mix
- Rice Krispy Ghosts
Super Easy NO FAIL Homemade Rolls
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tbsp rapid rise yeast
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- In a large mixing bowl, add your sugar, warm water and yeast. Gently stir. Let it sit for 5 minutes or until it bubbles and gets foamy.
- Add in your melted butter and stir it in well. Add in your beaten eggs, stirring them in as you add them.
- Add your salt and flour to the bowl and stir it with a spoon just until the everthing is mixed in and there are no dry ingredients not mixed in.*The dough will be more yellow than most yeast dough and will look lumpy and pretty weird. Don't worry-it's supposed to look like that !
- Tightly cover your bowl with plastic wrap and set bowl aside. Let the dough rise for about 1 1/2-2 hours or until doubled in size.
- While your dough is rising, cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, or grease your baking sheet. Preheat your oven to 375°
- When the dough has doubled in size, lightly flour your counter. Lightly flour (a dusting of flour) the top of the dough in the bowl. Remove the dough and place it on your floured surface. The dough will be sticky. Roll the dough around in the flour so it is easier to work.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a large rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- To cut the rolls, I use a pizza cutter, but a knife works great too. You will cut 8-9 strips, width wise (the shorter, fatter way). Then you will make a long cut lengthwise/horizontal, cutting the strips in half, leaving you with 16-18 strips of dough.
- Take each smaller strip of dough and roll it up. Place on your baking sheet. Repeat until all of the rolls are rolled up and on the baking sheet. Cover the rolls with a clean kitchen towel and let them raise a second time until doubled in size.
- After the rolls have doubled in size, bake the rolls for abour 8-10 minutes until they are golden brown on top.
- Serve with butter and enjoy!