Easy Garlic Knots are easy to make and the perfect side for any meal! They are soft and covered in a delicious Garlic Parmesan Basil Butter!
We love breadsticks and we love garlic knots at our house. I use my fast and easy breadsticks recipe for the dough, and then I tie them into garlic knots. You will love them and they are so easy! They are the perfect side dish or bread for soups, stews, pizza or pasta!
Making them could not be an easier- just mix in the warm water, sugar and yeast. Let the mixture become bubble and add in the rest of the ingredients! Let the dough rise until doubled in size.
Next, on a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a large rectangle about 12 inches by 8 inches, not to thin, not too thick about 1/4 inch thick (the measurements are just an estimate).
Then cut into strips and roll into knots! Place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper (or greased). Cover the knots with a clean kitchen towel and let raise until doubled in size.
In to the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown!
While your garlic knots are baking, make your Garlic Parmesan Basil Butter to it is ready to brush on the warm knots!
After baking brush the perfect butter on them and enjoy!
Our favorite thing to eat with these Garlic Knots is my Creamy Alfredo for a delicious pasta dish! Easy Garlic Knots are easy to make and the perfect side for any meal!
Also try my Chicken Bacon Alfredo Bake, my Slow Cooker Penne Pasta, my Easy Homemade Spaghetti Sauce or my Creamy Chicken Bacon Pasta.
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
For some other yummy yeast dough recipes, try my NO FAIL Dinner Rolls, my Easy Breadsticks!
These are the sheet pans I use for all of my baking!
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- Chipotle Chicken
- Fast and Easy Pasta Salad
- Shrimp Salad
- Foil Packet Loaded Potatoes
- Easy Pretzel Bites (made from store bought pizza crust dough)
- The Best Orange Chicken
Easy Garlic Knots
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 – 4 cups all purpose flour
Garlic Parmesan Basil Butter Spread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (one stick)
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (bottled is great and what I prefer)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
FOR THE GARLIC PARMESAN BASIL BUTTER SPREAD:
- Mix all of the ingredients together, until well blended.
- In a mixing bowl, add the warm water, sugar and yeast. Wait for the mixture to get foamy, about 5 minutes
- Add in the salt, and 2 cups of flour. Mix with the dough hook, adding in a little flour at a time until the dough starts to pull away from the side of the bowl and is slightly sticky. Let the mixer knead the dough for about 3-5 minutes until soft and smooth. If you are mixing it by hand, keep adding the flour until its slightly sticky but not sticking to the bowl too much. Knead for about 5 minutes until the dough is soft and smoot
- Cover the dough with a clean kitchen towel and let rise for about 45 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- While the dough is rising, line a half sheet pan/jelly roll pan with parchment paper, a baking mat or grease your pan. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, on a lightly floured surface roll out your dough into a rectangle, about 8×12 in size, or 1/4 inch thick. Cut the rectangle into 12 equal strips, width wide (short way) and then cut it across lengthwise, so the long strips are now cut in half, giving you 24 smaller strips.
- Take each smaller strip and tie it in a knot. Line up the knots on your sheet pan. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rise again until they are doubled in size.
- When they have doubled in size, place them in your oven and let them bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- After they have baked and are taken out of the oven, brush them right away with the Garlic Parmesan Basil Butter spread.
Made these with ranch chicken yummmmmmmmmmmmmm
Hi Ann! I am so glad you tried them and liked them!!! They are so easy and yummy and with the Ranch Chicken that sounds like a tasty meal! Thanks for stopping by the blog and the sweet comment! ❤️😘