Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pasta Bake is easy to make and is a meal your entire family will love! This loaded pasta bake has chicken, bacon and a creamy alfredo sauce and will have everybody coming back for more!Jump to Recipe
If you know me, you know I love pasta and especially pasta with a thick and creamy Alfredo Sauce! If you add chicken and bacon to my pasta I am in heaven! So this Chicken Bacon Alfredo Bake is totally my jam and I know it will be yours too!
The Alfredo Sauce for Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pasta Bake
Have you tried my delicious Homemade Alfredo? Click HERE for the recipe. This is the alfredo sauce I use for this pasta bake and it is creamy and delicious! It comes together pretty fast but has such great flavor.
I make my alfredo sauce using cream cheese, milk, parmesan cheese, flour and butter and some seasonings. I love a traditional alfredo sauce made with heavy cream but my boys love my recipe made with cream cheese, and I think you will to!
Making the Alfredo Sauce for Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pasta Bake
In a large bowl or large liquid measuring cup, add your milk, flour, kosher salt and garlic powder. Whisk it together, making sure the flour is mixed in and there are no lumps.
In a large skillet, melt your butter over medium heat and add your minced garlic. I use bottled minced garlic and love it- the flavor is so yummy but you don’t have to worry about peeling and mincing the fresh stuff! Let the butter and garlic simmer for a minute, or until the garlic is fragrant.
Next, you will add in your milk mixture, whisking it as you add it. Keep your heat on medium and keep whisking. It should start to thicken. (If it never thickens, see notes in the recipe below).
Add your block of cream cheese once the milk mixture is hot and thickened. The cream cheese will help it thicken a bit too. Whisk/stir the cream cheese until is fully melted and mixed in.
Add your grated parmesan cheese and whisk/stir until it’s melted and mixed in good.
Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings as needed to your liking.
Add in your chicken, and bacon. Mix well.
Pasta for Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pasta Bake
I use Penne Pasta for this Pasta Bake. You can use any type of pasta, but I recommend using a pasta like penne, bowtie, rigatoni or ziti. It is a little bit more substantial and the sauce and chicken can stick to it a bit better than fettucine or spaghetti noodles. It is also easier to eat (especially for the kiddos) if it is not long pasta noodles.
I cook the pasta while I am making my sauce. Cook the pasta a little underdone. It will cook and soften a bit more in the oven.
Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and set it aside. I usually run some cold water over the pasta in the strainer. This stops it from cooking and getting more tender from the steam.
Side Note: See below for a link to the pasta pots that I LOVE! It comes with a great sized pot, a steamer insert (which is great) but the best part is the pasta insert! You just fill up your pot with water then add your pasta pot to the large pot. You then add your pasta and when the pasta is done cooking and you need to drain it, all you have to do is left the pasta pot out and it drains it! Game changer! Best thing ever invented! No rushing the pot over to the sink to empty the burning hot water into a strainer in the sink!
Assembling your Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pasta Bake
It is pretty simple to assemble this Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pasta Bake. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Dump your cooked pasta in the bottom of the baking dish.
Next, pour your alfredo with chicken and bacon over the pasta. Stir it together until it is fully mixed.
Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees (or until it is heated through).
After 25 minutes, remove the foil and top with mozzarella cheese. (This is optional but so yummy).
Let it bake for another 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and slightly browned. Then, remove the dish from the oven and let it cool a minute before serving. You can add a little dried parsley for a garnish and to make it look fancy if you wish! (I usually don’t worry about this, but I did it for the photos).
Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pasta Bake is easy to make and is a meal your entire family will love! This loaded pasta bake has chicken, bacon and a creamy alfredo sauce and will have everybody coming back for more!
These are some of the recommended products I used to make this delicious recipe. You can click on any of the products below.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pasta Bake
- 9×13 baking dish
- Foil, for covering the dish while baking
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced/cubed into bite sized pieces *about 1 lb. of chicken
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled *you can add more or less
- 4 cups milk, 2% or whole
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese *not low fat or light cream cheese
- 4 1/2 tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tsp bottled, minced garlic or 6 fresh garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated *or more (for topping)
- 1 box (16 oz. or 1 lb.) Penne Pasta, cooked a little underdone *ziti, bowtie or rigatoni works great too
- dried parsley *for appearance after baking (optional)
- Cook your pasta leaving it a little underdone. It will finish cooking and get a little more tender in the oven. You can also cook your pasta while you are making your sauce. Make sure to drain your pasta well and run some cold water over it so it stops cooking (the hot steam as it sits can cause it cook a little bit more).
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or large liquid measuring cup, add your milk, flour, garlic powder and kosher salt. Whisk together making sure the flour is mixed well and there are no lumps.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt your butter and add the minced garlic. Let it cook until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Pour your milk mixture into the hot skillet with the butter and garlic. Whisk it until it's well combined. It should start to thicken.
- Once the milk mixture gets hot, add your block of cream cheese. Whisk it until it's melted and fully incorporated.
- Add your parmesan cheese and whisk until fully melted. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Add your cooked chicken and cooked bacon crumbles to the alfredo sauce. Mix well.
- Dump your cooked pasta in your 9×13 baking dish.
- Pour the alfredo with chicken and bacon over the cooked pasta. Stir it so it is mixed well and pasta is covered in sauce.
- Tightly cover the dish with foil. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes until the dish is heated through.
- Remove the foil from the pasta dish and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top. Let it bake (without the foil) for another 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted and starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. You can sprinkle the top with some dried parsley if desired (this is totally for looks).
- Serve amd enjoy!