We love this Yellow Lemon Rice as a side to go with our Greek chicken. It is a fluffy soft rice that is savory and infused with fresh lemon juice!
We love the Mahatma Yellow Rice (not getting paid to say that). I don’t follow the directions on the back, so ignore those and you will just need chicken broth, water, butter (optional) and lemon juice (fresh squeezed preferably).
Put it all in a sauce pan and let it come to boil. Cover it and let it cook/simmer until done! So easy but packed with flavor!!!
Hope you enjoy!!!
Yellow Lemon Rice
- 1 pkg. (10.oz) Mahatma Yellow Rice
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Chicken Broth
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2-4 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice as much to taste as you like
- Ignore the directions on the package of rice. In a medium-large saucepan add your water, chicken broth, and butter. Bring to a boil, then add your package of rice. Stir the rice making sure the seasonings in the rice package get mixed well. Add your fresh squeezed lemon juice, starting out with 2 tbsp. and then add more to taste. Taste the liquid (don't burn your tongue) so you can gauge if you have enough lemon juice in your rice. Add more as needed. I use about 3 1/2 tbsp.
- Cover your rice and reduce the heat to medium-low, making sure it is still simmering and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes, until most of the moisture is soaked up and the rice is soft and fluffy. Fluff with a fork (you can add more lemon juice at this point if you decide you need to). Serve with your Greek Chicken and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and should only be used as an approximation.