We love this Yellow Lemon Rice as a side to go with our Greek chicken. It is a fluffy soft rice that is savory and infused with fresh lemon juice!
We love the Mahatma Yellow Rice (not getting paid to say that). I don’t follow the directions on the back, so ignore those and you will just need chicken broth, water, butter (optional) and lemon juice (fresh squeezed preferably).
Put it all in a sauce pan and let it come to boil. Cover it and let it cook/simmer until done! So easy but packed with flavor!!!
Hope you enjoy!!!
Yellow Lemon Rice
- 1 pkg. (10.oz) Mahatma Yellow Rice
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Chicken Broth
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2-4 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice as much to taste as you like
- Ignore the directions on the package of rice. In a medium-large saucepan add your water, chicken broth, and butter. Bring to a boil, then add your package of rice. Stir the rice making sure the seasonings in the rice package get mixed well. Add your fresh squeezed lemon juice, starting out with 2 tbsp. and then add more to taste. Taste the liquid (don't burn your tongue) so you can gauge if you have enough lemon juice in your rice. Add more as needed. I use about 3 1/2 tbsp.
- Cover your rice and reduce the heat to medium-low, making sure it is still simmering and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes, until most of the moisture is soaked up and the rice is soft and fluffy. Fluff with a fork (you can add more lemon juice at this point if you decide you need to). Serve with your Greek Chicken and enjoy!