S’mores Cookie Bars are all you love about s’mores baked with chocolate chip cookies to make the perfect cookie bars!
Summertime means lazy days at the pool swimming, BBQs with family and friends, and campfires and smores!!! Who doesn’t loves s’mores!!!?? They are one of our favorite family treats and we make a few different s’mores treats but this one may be my favorite! Chocolate chip cookies and s’mores…together in one!!! Oh yum!!!
This is easy to make and can be adapted a bit to your liking…. you can put as many marshmallows and chocolate in to this sweet treat as you like. I like a lot of both… but it’s up to you!!!
Graham Cracker Crust Bottom
An essential part of a s’mores treat is the graham crackers.
For these cookie bars, you will make a graham crust. Crushed graham crackers, brown sugar and butter make a perfect bottom for Cookie Bar S’mores.
Press it into a 9×13 pan and bake for 6-8 minutes. I always use parchment paper to line my pan so it is easy clean up and easy to serve. Just lift the cooled bars out of the pan and cut into pieces.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer
Next you will mix up your cookie dough and add chocolate chips and marshmallows (as much as you like) and then gently spread it over the graham cracker crust, and bake it again for a little bit.
After the S’mores Cookie Bars have baked for a bit you will take it out of the oven and add some marshmallows and chocolate to the top. Then back into the oven to finish baking so the cookie dough is baked through but still a bit gooey!
After it has baked, while its hot out of the oven, I always add a handful of chocolate chips and a few more bits of chocolate if some of the top is looking like it needs more (because you can never have too much chocolate), but this totally optional!
Let it cool before cutting into it… or cut into it right away and it will be super melty and gooey… but still delicious!!
This is perfect for BBQs, pool days, picnics and parties! Once you make this treat you will find it on repeat and requested by everyone!
Hope you enjoy!
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
S’mores Cookie Bars
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST BOTTOM
- 2 sleeves Graham Crackers, crushed (16 crackers total-about 2 cups crushed) see notes
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp butter, melted (10 tbsp. total)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows see notes
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips see notes
S'MORES TOPPING LAYER
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows add as little or as much to your liking
- 2-3 Hershey Chocolate Bars (1.55 oz. each), broken into pieces add as little or as much to your liking
OPTIONAL TOPPING AT THE END OF BAKING-OPTIONAL – SEE NOTES
- extra marshmallows optional
- extra Hershey's bars optional
- extra chocolate chips optional
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Grease a 9×13 baking pan or place parchment paper in pan for easy cleanup and easy serving.
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- Take the sleeves of graham crackers and place them in a zip top bag and crush them until they are fine crumbs (almost like a fine sand). A food processor works great too.
- In a medium bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter and mix well. Press into greased pan or pan lined with parchment paper (see notes).
- Bake for 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- While your graham cracker crust is cooking, in a large bowl, add your softened butter, brown and white sugar and mix well.
- Add your eggs, vanilla, salt and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add your flour, and mix until well combined. Then add your chocolate chips and marshmallows (as much or as little as you like).
- Gently press cookie dough on graham cracker crust and spread evenly.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 18 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spread marshmallows and broken Hershey Bars on top of warm cookie dough. Place back in the oven and bake an additional 9-10 minutes. I like mine a bit underdone so it is gooey. Don't overbake or it won't be nearly as good! Let it cool before serving (or eat it right away and it will be super gooey and melty but still super delicious). If you used parchment paper to line your baking dish, after they have cooked you can lift the bars out right on the parchment paper and cut them into pieces.
- After baking, I like to add a handful of chocolate chips, broken up Hershey's bars and marshmallows. This is totally optional but I always like to add a bit more where it looks like it could use a bit more sweetness!