Easy S’mores Ice Cream Cake is a simple icebox cake that has all the makings of s’mores. Graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallow are layered with vanilla ice cream making it the perfect summer treat.
How Much Time Do You Need to Make This?
This ice cream cake is easy and comes together in 10 minutes.
Beware though: it does need to sit in the freezer for at least 4 hours (overnight is preferred) before serving.
This icebox cake doesn’t need any baking, just time in the freezer.
Making the S’mores Ice Cream Cake
For this Easy S’mores Ice Cream Cake you will you need your typical s’mores ingredients of graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate.
But you will use chocolate sauce instead of chocolate bars and marshmallow cream instead of marshmallows. And don’t forget the vanilla ice cream!
Your ice cream needs to be softened, so let it sit out for a good 5-10 minutes.
Then in a large bowl, you will mix in the marshmallow cream with the softened ice cream. Some of the marshmallow cream may not mix in completely, but that’s ok! Some marshmallow cream chunks in the ice cream just make it more tasty.
You will use a 9×5 (standard) loaf pan and line it with plastic wrap. The plastic wrap will help for easy removal after it has been made. You will make the cake then put it in the freezer to set up.
To assemble the cake, I put a layer of graham crackers in the bottom of the loaf pan. I always have to break them in pieces so they fit neatly.
Next, I spread some chocolate sauce on top of the graham crackers. Make sure to not to put too much chocolate sauce on the graham crackers. You need just a thin layer.
**Remember to leave enough chocolate sauce for 2 more layers and then some for the very top for serving.
Then top the chocolate sauce with about 1/3 of the marshmallow ice cream and repeat the layers 2 more times (for a total of 3)! So easy!
Serving the S’mores Icebox Cake
Once you’re ready to serve the cake you will take it out of the freezer. I place the loaf pan upside down on a serving dish or cutting board. The cake won’t just magically fall out-don’t be alarmed.
Let it sit for a few minutes so the sides of the pan can warm up a bit. This will help the pan come off of the cake easier. I like to place a hot, clean kitchen towel over the pan. Once the pan can slide off the cake with ease, I remove the pan and the plastic wrap.
For serving, drizzle your remaining chocolate sauce over top of the cake. I finish it off with some crumbled graham crackers and mini marshmallows (totally optional, I just always have them on hand).
Cut, serve and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- Pizza Stuffed Rolls
- Apple Spice Sheet Cake
- Raspberry Sweet Rolls
- Tex-Mex Chicken Bake
- Air Fryer Chicken Bites
- Jolly Rancher Slushies
Easy S’mores Ice Cream Cake
- 1.5 quart (48 oz.) vanilla ice cream
- 2 sleeves graham crackers (16 crackers)
- 1 (15.5 oz) jar of chocolate sauce see notes
- 1 (13 oz.) Marshmallow Cream 2 -7 oz. containers work too
- optional-mini marshmallows for topping when serving
- 9×5 loaf pan
- plastic wrap
- Let vanilla ice cream soften for 5-10 minutes. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- In a large bowl, mix the softened vanilla ice cream and marshmallow cream together. It is ok if some of the marshmallow cream doesn't mix in fully.
- Take a few graham crackers and layer them in the bottom of the loaf pan, breaking them into pieces so they fit neatly.
- Spread a thin layer of chocolate sauce on top of the graham crackers, and top with 1/3 of the vanilla marshmallow ice cream.
- Repeat layers 2 more times and end with a layer of graham crackers on top.
- Cover the cake with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours (overnight is preferred- the longer the freezer time the better).
- When ready to serve, take the cake and turn it upside down on a serving platter or cutting board. Let the cake sit out for a few minutes so it can soften on the sides so the pan can slip off easy. You can also take a warm, clean kitchen towel and place it on the loaf pan to soften the sides of the cake a bit faster.
- Once the pan will slide of the cake with ease, remove the pan and the plastic wrap. Top with your remaining chocolate sauce and crumbled graham crackers. I like to add some mini marshmallows on top just to make it look more S'mores-ish, but this is totally optional!
- Slice and enjoy! This can easily feed 8-10 people depending on the serving size!