Homemade BBQ Sauce is made with simple ingredients you have in your kitchen and comes together in minutes. It is zesty, robust and a bit sweet and is perfect to finish off grilled meats and pulled pork.
What You Need to Make the Best BBQ Sauce
Making your own Homemade BBQ Sauce couldn’t be easier! You need small sauce pan (this recipe makes about 3 cups of sauce), some whisks to blend the ingredients and some measuring cups and spoons.
For ingredients all it takes is tomato sauce,ketchup, brown sugar, cider vinegar, liquid smoke and spices/seasonings.
Making Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce
This bbq sauce will cook on your stove top. You will need to just add all of the ingredients to your saucepan, whisk them together and let it heat. Adjust the seasonings to your liking.
This BBQ sauce will not disappoint and is the result of many different tries, and fails. It is perfect for Pulled Pork, Ribs, or anything you need a good BBQ sauce for!
The flavors are the perfect blend of sweet and tangy! I know you will love it and it will become your go to BBQ sauce!
Hope you enjoy!
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
Here are some products I used to make this recipe!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.”
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- Creamy Chicken Bacon Pasta
- Chicken Taquitos (Rolled Tacos)
- Fast and Easy French Bread Pizza
- Easy Butter Cracker Chicken
- Homemade Chocolate Sauce
- Baked Taco Dip
The BEST Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cider vingar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp liquid smoke usually found by the BBQ sauces at your grocery store
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste (optional)
- Mix all of the ingredients over medium heat, in a saucepan. Whisk/stir until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to med-low, and let simmer for an additional 8-10 minutes so flavors can develop. The flavors develop further if left overnight in the fridge, but it is delicious served right away!The sauce can be stored for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.We love this BBQ sauce on ribs, or pulled pork!