***RECIPE UPDATED FEBRUARY 2021!
Chicken Bacon Avocado Flatbread! Need I say more? I can’t think of a better trio than chicken, bacon and avocado on a flatbread crust!
We love flatbread at our house! It is so easy to make, everyone loves it and can be made for lunch, dinner, or as an appetizer. The topping possibilities are endless… but for this flatbread pizza we are sticking to one everybody will love with bacon, chicken and avocado!
Homemade Flatbread Pizza Crust
Is there a difference between flatbread and pizza crust? I have no clue, I am not the expert. (But I do make a delicious flatbread crust!) To me they seem pretty close to the same thing. They are both piled with toppings on a crust. Flatbread is thinner than a regular pizza crust but other than that I don’t see much difference. So call it what you like, I will call it Flatbread Pizza!
I love my Quick and Easy Flatbread Crust. It is easy and delicious! It take minutes to make, no raising time, just minutes!
Heat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a stand mixer mix your dough ingredients and that is it! Follow the recipe, don’t worry about adding enough flour like you do other yeast doughs. And there is no resting or raising for this crust! (YAY!)
NOTE: There is such a small amount of ingredients to mix for this flatbread crust that I use my paddle attachment so it mixes the dough better. You can use a dough hook, but there just isn’t much dough for mixing and I find my paddle attachment works better in this case.
Roll out the crust to a rectangle. It should be pretty thin like a tin crust pizza. Place the rolled out dough on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or grease a baking sheet) and then take a fork and poke holes all over the crust! You will bake the crust before adding toppings! Then bake it again after adding toppings!
Store Bought Flatbread Crust
You can use a store bought crust for this recipe! You do not need to bake it before adding toppings like you do with a homemade crust.
Grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper and place your store bought crust on the baking sheet. Then add your toppings. You will bake the flatbread pizza at 425 degrees Fahrenheit until cheese is melty and toppings are warm and the crust is to your liking.
Toppings for Chicken Bacon Avocado Flatbread
While the crust is baking, I prepare my chicken, bacon, cut up my avocado, green onions and prepare the sriracha-ranch drizzle (see below in the recipe).
After your crust has baked the first time or if you are using a store bought crust (do not prebake), add your toppings. Spread the Garlic Aioli, add your cheese, chicken, and bacon. The green onions, avocado and drizzle are added after baking.
NOTE: For my sauce, I use Garlic Aioli (I use this brand pictured below- and I am not getting paid to say that!). NOTE: If you cannot find Garlic Aioli a great alternative is Ken’s Steak House Garlic Parmesan dressing!
Place the flatbread in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for another 10 minutes (more or less again depending on your oven and your preference for crust-more time will leave it crunchy/crispy). Bake it until the toppings are warm, melty and the crust starts to brown.
Once it has baked to your liking pull it out of the oven and top it with the green onions, avocado, and sriracha-ranch drizzle (see below in recipe). Cut it up into equal-sized pieces, and Enjoy!
I don’t serve a darn thing with this for dinner, but you could easily throw together a side salad or cut up some fresh fruit….for me, its enough just on its own!
Hope you enjoy!
Comment below and let me know how you liked this recipe! Please leave me star rating also! Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram (click on the icons at the top or bottom of the blog)!
These are some of the recommended products I used to make this delicious recipe. You can click on any of the products below.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Chicken, Bacon, Avocado Flatbread
- The Best Homemade Pizza
- Buffalo Chicken Ranch Taquitos
- Fresh Homemade Queso Dip
- Homemade Soft Pretzel Bites
- Oven Baked Sticky Fingers
Chicken Bacon, Avocado Flatbread
- 1 Quick and Easy Flatbread Recipe see link below or scroll below to get the recipe
- 1/2-1 cup cooked chicken, diced/chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Garlic Aioli Sauce Or Ken’s Steak House Garlic Parmesan dressing *as little or as much as you like
- 1/2-1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded *mozzarella or Colby jack work great too
- 2-3 green onions, chopped *more to your liking
- 3-4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled/chopped *more to your liking
- 1 avacado, chopped
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- sriracha to taste
To Make the Sriracha-Ranch Drizzle
- Mix the ranch with the sriracha sauce to taste. Add more or less sriracha depending on how spicy you like it. This will be drizzled on the top of the flatbread after it bakes. The sauce is just drizzled on top, but you can taste it, so if you dont like heat, add just a little sriracha! Or just drizzle with a plain ranch dressing!
Chicken Bacon Avocado Flatbread
- Preheat your oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease a baking sheet.
- Prepare the flatbread according to the recipe directions. A store bought crust is fine too.
- After flatbread has cooked the first time (or on your store bought crust), spread the Garlic Aioli on the crust. You do not want it super thick, just lightly spread.*If making a homemade crust, it will bake first, then you will add topping then bake it again. Store bought does not need prebaked- just add the topping and bake it.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top, then add the cooked chicken and bacon.
- Place the flatbread back in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for another 10 minutes or until the crust and toppings are done to your liking. You just need the cheese to melt, but you can leave it in longer if you want the crust crunchier and crispier.
- After you have removed it from the oven, top with your chopped avocado and green onions. Drizzle with the Sriracha-Ranch dressing (or plain ranch dressing if preferred).
- Cut into pieces and enjoy!
- This flatbread can be kept for 3-4 days in the fridge and can be reheated on 400 degrees in the oven, or just in your microwave for 15-30 seconds!
- I use my Quick and Easy Flatbread recipe for the flatbread crust. You can use any recipe or buy a pre-made crust at the store.
- You can leave off or add any toppings you wish. If you don’t like avocado or green onion, leave them off!
- I love the Kraft Garlic Aioli (I am not getting paid to say that) but you can use any garlic aioli or any sauce that you prefer. NOTE: If you cannot find Garlic Aioli a great alternative is Ken’s Steak House Garlic Parmesan dressing! I only use a little bit but it is up to you how much you want spread on it.
- The avocado and green onions go on after it bakes, then the sriracha-ranch drizzle is added very last.
- The sriracha-ranch delicious adds a bit of a kick to the flatbread so if you don’t like heat, or have picky eaters, have each person add their own separately on their own pieces, or just ranch dressing without the sriracha added.
- This can serve usually 6 people depending on how big you cut the pieces.
Quick and Easy Flatbread Crust
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4-1 cup flour see note
- your toppings of choice (see above for ideas)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, a silicon baking mat, or lightly greased.
- In a mixing bowl, add the water, sugar and yeast. Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes to activate, until foamy.
- Add the olive oil, and salt. Stir.
- Slowly add the flour, starting with 1/2-3/4 cup. Add in flour, up to 1 cup until the dough starts to pull away from the bowl and is slightly sticky.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough into a rectangle about 8 x 11. Poke the entire surface with a fork.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until baked to your liking.
- Remove from the oven. Top with your desired toppings.
- Return to the oven (425 degrees) and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until done to your liking.
- Cut into desired amount of pieces and serve warm!
- This flatbread is so easy to make, and can be adjusted- big or smaller, depending on the amount of people you are feeding. Just roll it out a little thinner/bigger as needed.
- If you like your flatbread chewy, then don’t bake it as long, and don’t roll it out as thin. If you like it crispy and crunchier then bake it for longer and roll it thinner.
- When you bake it the second time with toppings, you really only need the toppings to get warm and the cheese to melt, but you can absolutely bake it longer to achieve a crispier crust.
- Your flatbread can be stored in the fridge for leftovers and reheated in the microwave or in a 400 degree oven, just note crust will be a little bit chewier (but still so good)!