The Best Homemade Pancakes are light and fluffy and so delicious! They are easy to make and perfect for breakfast (or dinner)! The best part is they are made with pantry staples and no buttermilk!
Making the Best Homemade Pancakes
This easy Homemade Pancakes recipe is so easy and makes anywhere from 14-16 pancakes depending on how big you make them! We love to stack them, so this amount is perfect for our family. We always have some left over to throw in the freezer for fast breakfasts on school mornings!
You will need your basic pancake ingredients of flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, eggs, canola oil, vanilla and milk! I am guessing you have all these ingredients in your kitchen! Ya for a recipe for Homemade Pancakes without buttermilk!
You will just add all of these ingredients to a bowl and then mix it up! Don’t overmix the batter. It may be a bit lumpy and that is ok!
If you prefer your batter a bit thinner you can add a bit more milk. If you you would like it a bit thicker, add more flour to your liking.
Cooking the BEST Homemade Pancakes
Preheating your griddle to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Every griddle cooks a bit different so if you find your pancakes are cooking too hot and burning, then turn your griddle down! Grease your griddle with some cooking spray or rub it with oil.
I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop out the batter. You can use a bigger scoop if you want them bigger. Flip the pancakes once the batter starts to bubble and the outside edges look like they are starting to cook and the bottom is golden browned.
I always put a pat of butter on the pancake after I have flipped it and spread it around so it is buttered!
Enjoy your pancakes with maple syrup or try my delicious Homemade Raspberry Sauce!
Freezing the pancakes
You can put your pancakes in a zip top bag and freeze them for later! You can reheat them in the microwave or in the toaster.
The Best Homemade pancakes are light and fluffy and so delicious! They are easy to make and perfect for breakfast (or dinner)!
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
Check out my Latest Posts!
- Pumpkin Lush Dessert
- Oven Baked Tacos
- Easy Taco Meat
- Pizza Stuffed Rolls
- Apple Spice Sheet Cake
- Raspberry Sweet Rolls
Here are some products I used to make this recipe!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.”
The BEST Homemade Pancakes
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil *vegetable oil is fine
- 1 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- cooking spray for the griddle or canola oil
- butter for spreading on the cooked pancakes
- syrup for serving
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. Mix until all of the ingredients are incorporated. DO NOT OVERMIX! It is ok if it is a little lumpy!
- Heat your griddle to 375° Grease it with some cooking spray or rub it down with some canola oil.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop the batter on to the hot griddle. If you want bigger pancakes use a larger measuring cup.
- Flip the pancakes once bubbles form on the pancake, the edges start to set and look cooked (almost like the top of a cupcake or cake) and the bottom turns a golden brown. * If your griddle is cooking them too fast and hot and they are burning, turn the temperature down.
- After flipping them, place a pat of butter on the cooked side and let it melt on the pancake, spreading it as needed.
- Check the bottom side of the pancake and remove them from the griddle when golden brown.
- Serve with syrup.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and should only be used as an approximation.