Easy French Bread Pizza is an easy dinner kids love! Make the perfect pizza at home using french bread topped with your favorite toppings!
What You Need to Make Easy French Bread Pizza
Pizza made with French Bread couldn’t be easier!
You will need loaves of French Bread, a bottle of your favorite pizza sauce, some shredded cheese and your favorite pizza toppings.
If you are going to make French Bread garlic cheese bread you will need some garlic salt, garlic powder and butter (along with the mozzarella cheese you use on the pizzas).
How Much I Make for My Family
We have a family of 5 and I use 2 loaves of French Bread cut lengthwise. So you end up with 4 pizzas/garlic breads.
One 14 oz. jar of sauce works perfect for 3 pizzas and then i use the 4th for a garlic cheese bread!
TIPS: I always use bottled pizza sauce but if you want to try making some homemade pizza sauce I have a tasty recipe. Click here for my Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe!
How To Make French Bread Pizza
Slice both loaves of bread lengthwise so you have 4 long pieces of bread for your crust.
I make 2 or 3 pizzas and then one garlic bread loaf or garlic cheese bread loaf (just depends on what the boys are feeling in the mood for).
Take the pizza sauce and spread some pizza sauce on the loaves/crusts that you are making into pizzas. Lightly sprinkle some garlic salt on the pizza sauce (lightly).
Then sprinkle the shredded cheese (as much or as little as you like) on each crust. Top with your pizza toppings, then I usually sprinkle a little bit more cheese on top of the toppings.
For this post I made a cheese pizza loaf, a pepperoni (with a little bit of sausage) pizza loaf, a garlic bread loaf, and a garlic cheese bread loaf. Because you have 4 loaves/crusts to work with, you can make many different kinds of pizzas so everyone is happy!
Making Garlic Cheese Bread
If you are wanting to make garlic cheese bread, spread some softened butter on the loaf/crust. Then sprinkle with garlic powder and garlic salt and top it with cheese.
Spread the garlic butter on the French bread.
Sprinkle some shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
TIP:Leave off the cheese and just make a tasty garlic bread!
Baking Easy French Bread Pizza
Place the loaves on a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper. On my bigger baking sheet I can fit 4 loaves. If your pan isn’t big enough to fit them all just bake them after the first pizzas are done.
Place them in a 425 degree (Fahrenheit) oven and let them bake 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven. Watch them closely so they are cooked to your liking. I like mine a little browned and crispy!
Remove them from the oven once they are crispy and the cheese is melted and place them on a cutting board. Cut them in to pieces and enjoy!
Slice your pizza and enjoy!
I know your family will love these pizzas as much as we do!
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- Pizza Stuffed Rolls
- Apple Spice Sheet Cake
- Raspberry Sweet Rolls
- Tex-Mex Chicken Bake
- Air Fryer Chicken Bites
- Jolly Rancher Slushies
Fast and Easy French Bread Pizza
- 2 loaves French Bread
- 1 (14 oz.) bottle/jar Pizza Sauce
- 2-4 cups Shredded Cheese (mozzerella or Pizza Blend works best)
- Pizza Toppings of your choice (pepperoni, sausage, veggies, ham, etc)
For Garlic Bread or Garlic Cheese Bread (toppings)
- Butter, softened (I use 2-3 tbsp per loaf/crust)
- Garlic Salt, to taste
- Garlic Powder, to taste
- Shredded Cheese (use the same cheese you use for your pizza)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice both loaves of French Bread lengthwise down the center, giving you 4 loaves or crusts. (This is your pizza crust).
- For the loaves/crusts that you are making in to pizzas, spread some pizza sauce on the entire loaf (as much or as little as you like).
- Lightly sprinkle some garlic salt right on top of the pizza sauce, then sprinkle with as much or as little shredded cheese as you like.
- Add your toppings to the pizza, then sprinkle with a little extra cheese. Place loaves on the baking sheet.
- To make your garlic bread or garlic cheese bread, spread your butter on the crust/loaf. Then sprinkle with both Garlic Salt and Garlic Powder (as much or as little as you like). If you are making Garlic Cheese Bread, sprinkle some of the shredded cheese on top! Place your bread on the baking sheet with the pizza.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Bake until the cheese is melted and the pizza is crispy and done to your liking.
- Remove from the oven when it is done, and slice into pieces! Enjoy!