We are busy with sports every night of the week all year long. My boys play it all, which I love, but with school, sports and everything else life throws my way there are many week nights that I don’t have time to cook a nice meal. This Fast and Easy French Bread Pizza is my go to when life is just to busy to cook (and we can’t have Chik-Fil-A three nights in a row)!
It is so simple but delicious and all three boys eat it (which is a feat in and of itself!)
You will need 2 loaves of French Bread, a bottle of your favorite pizza sauce, some shredded cheese, your favorite pizza toppings, some garlic salt, and butter (if you are going to make some garlic cheese bread or garlic bread with it).
Slice both loaves of bread lengthwise so you have 4 long pieces of bread for your crust.
I make 2 or 3 pizzas and then one garlic bread loaf or garlic cheese bread loaf (just depends on what the boys are feeling in the mood for). For this post I made a cheese pizza loaf, a pepperoni (with a little bit of sausage) pizza loaf, a garlic bread loaf, and a garlic cheese bread loaf. Because you have 4 loaves/crusts to work with, you can make many different kinds of pizzas so everyone is happy!
Take the pizza sauce and spread some pizza sauce on the loaves/crusts that you are making into pizzas. Lightly sprinkle some garlic salt on the pizza sauce (lightly). Then sprinkle the shredded cheese (as much or as little as you like) on each crust. Top with your pizza toppings, then I usually sprinkle a little bit more cheese on top of the toppings.
For the garlic bread, spread some softened butter on the loaf/crust. Then sprinkle with garlic powder and garlic salt. If you are making Garlic Cheese Bread then top the butter and garlic with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
Place the loaves on a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper. On my bigger baking sheet I can fit 4 loaves. These cook fast so if you can’t bake them all at once its not big deal, just cook the rest after your first pizzas are done.
Place them in a 425 degree oven and let them bake 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven. Watch them closely so they are cooked to your liking. I like mine a little browned and crispy!
Remove them from the oven once they are crispy and the cheese is melted and place them on a cutting board. Cut them in to pieces and enjoy!
I know your family will love these pizzas as much as we do!
Fast and Easy French Bread Pizza
- 2 loaves French Bread
- 1 (14 oz.) bottle/jar Pizza Sauce
- 2-4 cups Shredded Cheese (mozzerella or Pizza Blend works best)
- Pizza Toppings of your choice (pepperoni, sausage, veggies, ham, etc)
For Garlic Bread or Garlic Cheese Bread (toppings)
- Butter, softened (I use 2-3 tbsp per loaf/crust)
- Garlic Salt, to taste
- Garlic Powder, to taste
- Shredded Cheese (use the same cheese you use for your pizza)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice both loaves of French Bread lengthwise down the center, giving you 4 loaves or crusts. (This is your pizza crust).
- For the loaves/crusts that you are making in to pizzas, spread some pizza sauce on the entire loaf (as much or as little as you like).
- Lightly sprinkle some garlic salt right on top of the pizza sauce, then sprinkle with as much or as little shredded cheese as you like.
- Add your toppings to the pizza, then sprinkle with a little extra cheese. Place loaves on the baking sheet.
- To make your garlic bread or garlic cheese bread, spread your butter on the crust/loaf. Then sprinkle with both Garlic Salt and Garlic Powder (as much or as little as you like). If you are making Garlic Cheese Bread, sprinkle some of the shredded cheese on top! Place your bread on the baking sheet with the pizza.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Bake until the cheese is melted and the pizza is crispy and done to your liking.
- Remove from the oven when it is done, and slice into pieces! Enjoy!