Super Easy Chicken and Cream Cheese Rolled Tacos are a delicious snack or meal! These rolled tacos are packed with chicken and cream cheese and are full of Mexican flavors! Roll up the chicken filling in corn or flour tortillas for the perfect meal or snack.
We love tacos of any kind and these Chicken and Cream Cheese Rolled Tacos are delicious! They are easy to make and a delicious meal or snack! They are freezer friendly and something everyone will love!
The Filling for Super Easy Chicken and Cream Cheese Rolled Tacos
This filling comes together in no time at all! You have cooked, chopped chicken, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, green salsa, cilantro, green onions. lime juice and some seasonings!
The great thing about the filling is you can make it to your liking. If you want the rollups super cheesy, add more cheese. You can adjust the seasonings to your liking and leave out anything you may not like, like the cilantro.
Making Your Rolled Tacos
This recipe makes about 12-14 corn tortilla rolled tacos or 8-10 flour tortilla rolled tacos (depending on how much filling is used in each taco).
Just mix all of the ingredients together. I let my cream cheese sit out to room temperature while I prepare the rest of the ingredients. This helps me mix it a bit better!
We love the rolled tacos using corn tortillas but flour tortillas are yummy too! Just roll up the filling in the tortilla and place on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper (or greased). I love to spray my taquitos with cooking spray and sprinkle some kosher salt over top- this is totally optional but so tasty!
Baking Super Easy Chicken and Cream Cheese Rolled Tacos
After you have your rollups rolled, they will bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Every oven cooks different so cook them until they are crispy on the edges or bake them to your liking.
Super Easy Chicken and Cream Cheese Rolled Tacos are a delicious snack or meal! They are baked, not fried and I know you will love them!
Super Easy Chicken and Cream Cheese Rolled Tacos
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced or ground chicken
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup pepper jack or Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup green salsa (mild-unless you want them really spicy) I love Herdez Brand or La Victoria
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 12-14 corn tortillas or 8-10 flour tortillas
- cooking spray or olive oil and kosher salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, cream cheese, salsa, grated cheese, cilantro and green onions and mix until well combined.
- Add the lime juice and spices and mix well.
- Place 1-2 tbsp. of your chicken filling in the center of a corn tortilla (you will use a bit more filling if using flour tortillas). Roll up the tortilla and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You will end up with more rolled tacos if you use corn tortillas because you will not use as much filling per tortilla. I usually get 12-14 corn tortilla rolled tacos, and 8-10 flour tortilla rolled tacos.
- Continue rolling your tacos until all of the filling is gone, lining up the rolled tacos on your baking sheet lined with parchment paper as you go. Spray the rolled tacos with cooking spray or lightly brush with olive oil and lightly sprinkle each rolled taco with a little bit of kosher salt.
- Bake rolled tacos for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown on the edges.
- We love our rolled tacos with ranch dressing or Green Salsa Ranch Dressing.
- These rolled tacos can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days and can be reheated in the oven at 400° until heated through or can be reheated in the microwave.