Super Easy Chicken and Cream Cheese Rolled Tacos (taquitos) are a delicious snack or meal! These rolled tacos are packed with chicken and cream cheese and are full of Mexican flavors! Roll up the chicken filling in corn or flour tortillas for the perfect meal or snack. Bake them in the oven or cook them in your air fryer for a fast and easy meal!
We love tacos of any kind and these Chicken and Cream Cheese Rolled Tacos are delicious! They are easy to make and a delicious meal or snack! They are freezer friendly and something everyone will love!
The Filling for Super Easy Chicken and Cream Cheese Taquitos
This filling comes together in no time at all! You have cooked, chopped chicken, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, green salsa, cilantro, green onions. lime juice and some seasonings!
The great thing about the filling is you can make it to your liking. If you want the rollups super cheesy, add more cheese. You can adjust the seasonings to your liking and leave out anything you may not like, like the cilantro.
Making Your Rolled Tacos (Taquitos)
The recipe makes about 12-14 corn tortilla rolled tacos or 8-10 flour tortilla rolled tacos (depending on how much filling is used in each taco).
Just mix all of the ingredients together. I let my cream cheese sit out to room temperature while I prepare the rest of the ingredients. This helps me mix it a bit better!
We love the rolled tacos using corn tortillas but flour tortillas are yummy too! I just roll up the filling in the tortilla and place on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper (or greased). I love to spray my taquitos with cooking spray and sprinkle some kosher salt over top- this is totally optional but so tasty!
Baking Super Easy Chicken and Cream Cheese Rolled Tacos
After you have your rollups rolled, they will bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Every oven cooks different so cook them until they are crispy on the edges or bake them to your liking.
Super Easy Chicken and Cream Cheese Rolled Tacos are a delicious snack or meal! They are baked, not fried and I know you will love them!
Air Fryer Rolled Tacos
Air Fryer Taquitos are crispy and tasty!
These tasty rolled tacos are easy to cook in the air fryer! They turn out perfectly crispy in minutes!
Prepare the rolled tacos like the recipe states then put them in your air fryer on 365 degrees. Let them cook for about 6 minutes. Your air fryer make cook a bit differently than mine so check the rolled tacos occasionally and adjust temperature and time as needed!
I love using the air fryer! They turn out perfectly crispy every time!
Here is the Air Fryer I have and I love it!
Perfect Snack or Dinner – Freezer Meal Also
These Easy Rolled Tacos are delicious as a snack or dinner! I make the filling and keep in my freezer, then pull it out to thaw and roll them up fresh!
If you want to completely make them (rolled and all and freeze them), make the rolled tacos and roll them up like the recipe states. Place them on a baking sheet and then place the baking sheet in the freezer. (Do not bake before freezing). Once they are frozen (or almost frozen), put the frozen rolled tacos in a zip top bag and freeze them for later.
When you are ready to eat them, just take them out of the freezer, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake them at 400 degrees until heated through! Or pop them in your air fryer at 365 and cook until crispy. (You air fryer may cook differently than mine. Start at 365 degrees and change the temperature as needed.)
Try These Tasty Recipes!
If you love rolled tacos (taquitos) try my Chicken Bacon Ranch Rollups or my Cream Cheese Jalapeno Taquitos!
Or try my Buffalo Ranch Taquitos…
Or try Enchilada Taco Rollups!
HERE ARE SOME PRODUCTS I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE!
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- Avocado Salsa
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Halloween Marshmallow Pops
- Halloween Muddy Buddy Snack Mix
- Rice Krispy Ghosts
Super Easy Chicken and Cream Cheese Rolled Tacos (Taquitos)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced or ground chicken
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup pepper jack or Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup green salsa (mild-unless you want them really spicy) I love Herdez Brand or La Victoria
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 12-14 corn tortillas or 8-10 flour tortillas
- cooking spray or olive oil and kosher salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, cream cheese, salsa, grated cheese, cilantro and green onions and mix until well combined.
- Add the lime juice and spices and mix well.
- Place 1-2 tbsp. of your chicken filling in the center of a corn tortilla (you will use a bit more filling if using flour tortillas). Roll up the tortilla and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You will end up with more rolled tacos if you use corn tortillas because you will not use as much filling per tortilla. I usually get 12-14 corn tortilla rolled tacos, and 8-10 flour tortilla rolled tacos.
- Continue rolling your tacos until all of the filling is gone, lining up the rolled tacos on your baking sheet lined with parchment paper as you go. Spray the rolled tacos with cooking spray or lightly brush with olive oil and lightly sprinkle each rolled taco with a little bit of kosher salt.
- Bake rolled tacos for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown on the edges.
- We love our rolled tacos with ranch dressing or Green Salsa Ranch Dressing.
- These rolled tacos can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days and can be reheated in the oven at 400° until heated through or can be reheated in the microwave.
Air Fryer Cooking
- Prepare the rolled tacos and then cook in your air fryer on 365 °F for about 6 minutes. Check them after about 5 minutes and cook them until they are crispy and browned or done to your liking!*Each brand of air fryer will cook a bit different. Adjust your temperature and cooking time accordingly.