Cream Cheese Jalapeno Taquitos are fast and easy to make! They are the perfect appetizer for game days, potlucks, family gatherings or just when you want a snack! They are filled with cream cheese and jalapenos-what could be better than that!?!
Jalapeno poppers are so yummy! They are one of my favorite snacks! Taquitos (any filling) are so yummy! They are also one of my favorite snacks (or meals!) I decided why not join the 2 together!?!
Making Cream Cheese Jalapeño Taquitos
This recipe is so simple! It is just a block of cream cheese, some fresh chopped jalapenos and garlic salt; all mixed up and rolled into tortillas! You can use corn or flour. I love them both but usually go for flour! You will get a few extra taquitos if you use corn tortillas due to the size.
Frying these taquitos adds such great flavor! I usually bake any rolled taco or taquito but for these ones I always fry them! They taste so much better (like anything fried)! I sprinkle them with a little kosher salt right after frying them!
This recipe makes only 8 taquitos- trust me you will want to double it!
Bake or Air Fry
If you want to air fry your taquitos, roll them up and then pop them in your air fryer at 360 degrees F. Let them cook for about 5 minutes. Watch them closely and adjust the temperature and time as needed.
If you want to bake the taquitos preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease a pan. Make the taquitos, then let them bake for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until they are done to your liking.
Here are some yummy ways to change things up:
- Corn Tortillas : Use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas! Corn tortillas tend to crack and tear when rolling them so place 4 corn tortillas at a time in a wet paper towel and microwave them for 30 seconds. This will help them not crack as much. *If you use corn tortillas you will probably use less filling in each tortilla so you will most likely end up with more taquitos than you would using flour tortillas.
- Chicken Filling : Add some cooked shredded chicken (or small cut up chicken) to your jalapeño cream cheese filling. I would start with adding about 1 cup, then add more depending on how much chicken you want.
- Green Onions : Adding green onions adds just a little bit of flavor to the filling and is delicious!
- Bacon : Think Jalapeño Poppers! Bacon is delicious in these taquitos! Use fresh cooked and crumbled bacon or buy the real bacon pieces and throw those in to the filling!
Taquitos with cream cheese jalapeño filling are the perfect appetizer for game days, potlucks, family gatherings or just when you want a snack! They are filled with cream cheese and jalapenos-what could be better than that!?!
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- Pumpkin Lush Dessert
- Oven Baked Tacos
- Easy Taco Meat
- Pizza Stuffed Rolls
- Apple Spice Sheet Cake
- Raspberry Sweet Rolls
Cream Cheese Jalapeno Taquitos
- 1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 to 3 jalapenos, chopped very small *see notes
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt *or more to taste
- 2 tbsp canola oil *for frying
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inch flour tortillas) *or 10 corn tortillas if preferred
- kosher salt (optional) *for after frying
- Mix your softened cream cheese and chopped jalapenos together. Add your garlic salt and mix well. Adjust heat by adding more jalapenos as desired. Season with garlic salt to taste.
- Take about 2 tbsp. of the cream cheese filling and roll it up in a 6 inch flour tortilla. If using corn tortillas use about 1 tbsp. (You should get about 8 flour tortillas taquitos or about 10 corn tortillas.)
- Heat your 2 tbsp of oil over medium heat in a small skillet. Take each taquito and fry them one at a time. Place seam side down in the hot oil and let it cook on the bottom first, then rotate it on top and sides until golden brown on all sides, or done to your liking.Season with a pinch kosher salt after frying (optional).
- place 4 corn tortillas at a time in a wet paper towel and microwave them for 30 seconds. This will help them not crack as much
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and should only be used as an approximation.