Cream Cheese Jalapeno Taquitos are fast and easy to make! They are the perfect appetizer for game days, potlucks, family gatherings or just when you want a snack! They are filled with cream cheese and jalapenos-what could be better than that!?!
Jalapeno poppers are so yummy! They are one of my favorite snacks! Taquitos (any filling) are so yummy! They are also one of my favorite snacks (or meals!) I decided why not join the 2 together!?!
Making Cream Cheese Jalapeno Taquitos
This recipe is so simple! It is just a block of cream cheese, some fresh chopped jalapenos and garlic salt; all mixed up and rolled into tortillas! You can use corn or flour. I love them both but usually go for flour! You will get a few extra taquitos if you use corn tortillas due to the size.
Frying these taquitos adds such great flavor! I usually bake any rolled taco or taquito but for these ones I always fry them! They taste so much better (like anything fried)! I sprinkle them with a little kosher salt right after frying them!
This recipe makes only 8 taquitos- trust me you will want to double it!
Cream Cheese Jalapeno Taquitos are the perfect appetizer for game days, potlucks, family gatherings or just when you want a snack! They are filled with cream cheese and jalapenos-what could be better than that!?!
Cream Cheese Jalapeno Taquitos
- 1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 to 3 jalapenos, chopped very small *see notes
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt *or more to taste
- 2 tbsp canola oil *for frying
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inch flour tortillas) *or 10 corn tortillas if preferred
- kosher salt (optional) *for after frying
- Mix your softened cream cheese and chopped jalapenos together. Add your garlic salt and mix well. Adjust heat by adding more jalapenos as desired. Season with garlic salt to taste.
- Take about 2 tbsp. of the cream cheese filling and roll it up in a 6 inch flour tortilla. If using corn tortillas use about 1 tbsp. (You should get about 8 flour tortillas taquitos or about 10 corn tortillas.)
- Heat your 2 tbsp of oil over medium heat in a small skillet. Take each taquito and fry them one at a time. Place seam side down in the hot oil and let it cook on the bottom first, then rotate it on top and sides until golden brown on all sides, or done to your liking.Season with a pinch kosher salt after frying (optional).