Copycat Chili’s Queso is a fast and easy dip that is a crowd pleaser! This queso dip is cheesy, beefy and full of flavor! Perfect for game day, tailgating, holiday parties or any occasion!
The Chili for Copycat Queso
Canned chili is a huge part of making this queso perfect!
It has to be Chili with NO BEANS!
There a few brands out there with no beans. They are all good but I love and always use is Nalley. (I am not getting paid to promote this its just the brand I love!)
You can use any brand.
The other (most important part) of any queso dip is the cheese!
I use the classic Velveeta Cheese. It melts smooth and is cheesy and perfect for a cheese queso!
You will also need heavy whipping cream to make it creamy. If you want a lower calorie option half and half works great too! (This is loaded with calories no matter what so either works!)
Spices finish off the queso! Cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder are needed. The cumin is a must and you can add more to your personal taste!
Making the Copycat Queso
Just throw all the ingredients in a saucepan on your stove. Heat it on medium-low heat. DO NOT heat it too hot or it will scorch on the bottom of the pan.
Stir as needed until the cheese is melted and the queso dip is warm.
It will take a few minutes! Keep stirring as you slowly heat it. The cheese will take a minute to melt.
This can also be heated in a crockpot on low for 1-2 hours and then can be set to “warm” to keep it hot while serving. Just gives it a stir occasionally.
Copycat Chili’s Queso is a fast and easy dip that is a crowd pleaser! This queso is cheesy, beefy and full of flavor! Perfect for game day, tailgating, holiday parties or any occasion!
Another super yummy queso is my White Queso dip (Queso Blanco) made with White Velveeta Cheese.
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
Below you will see some recommended products for the queso as well as some things to make your football party a success!
Here are some products I used to make this recipe!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.”
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Pumpkin Lush Dessert
- Oven Baked Tacos
- Easy Taco Meat
- Pizza Stuffed Rolls
- Apple Spice Sheet Cake
Copycat Chili’s Queso
- 1 (14 oz.) can NO BEANS Chili *I prefer Nalley Brand, not getting paid to promote
- 16 oz. Velveeta cheese, Original
- 2/3 cup half & half or heavy whipping cream *2% or whole milk works great too
- 1/2 tsp cumin * add more to taste as needed
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Tortilla Chips for dipping *not included in nutritional calculation
- Cut the Velveeta Cheese into cubes. Add the cheese to a saucepan. Add the can of NO BEANS Chili, half and half and seasonings.
- Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until heated through and well combined. Adjust taste as needed after it has heated.
- You can also heat this in a slow cooker for 1-2 hours on low, stirring occasionally. Pace on "warm" setting once the queso dip is heated all the way through.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and should only be used as an approximation.