Copycat Chili’s Queso is a fast and easy dip that is a crowd pleaser! This queso dip is cheesy, beefy and full of flavor! Perfect for game day, tailgating, holiday parties or any occasion!
I am sure you have all been to Chili’s and have tried their chips and salsa…but have you tried their Skillet Queso? If you haven’t you are missing out! But I have you covered…this is a copycat recipe that is spot on and delicious! It is beefy, cheesy and once you start eating it, you won’t be able to stop! This copycat recipe is one I have been making for years…probably 15 years at least! It is fast and easy to make and everyone will love it! It is the perfect dip for game day!
Just throw all the ingredients in a saucepan on your stove and heat until melted and combined well! Then, enjoy with tortillas chips! This can also be heated in a crockpot on low for 1-2 hours and then can be set to “warm” while you enjoy the game! If you are looking for a smaller slow cooker or crock pot that is just the right size for dips and sauces, this one (see below) is perfect! It is 1.5 quarts (perfect for this queso) and it keep it warm at the perfect temperature! I prefer this little slow cooker of the little dippers that hold barely 2 cups. I always need just a bit more room and this one does the job! (and it is a great price!)
Copycat Chili’s Queso is a fast and easy dip that is a crowd pleaser! This queso is cheesy, beefy and full of flavor! Perfect for game day, tailgating, holiday parties or any occasion!
Below you will see some recommended products for the queso as well as some things to make your football party a success!
Copycat Chili’s Queso
- 1 (14 oz.) can NO BEANS Chili *I prefer Nalley Brand, not getting paid to promote
- 16 oz. Velveeta cheese, Original
- 2/3 cup half & half *2% or whole milk works great too
- 1/2 tsp cumin * add more to taste as needed
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Tortilla Chips for dipping
- Cut the Velveeta Cheese into cubes. Add the cheese to a saucepan. Add the can of NO BEANS Chili, half and half and seasonings.
- Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until heated through and well combined. Adjust taste as needed after it has heated.
- You can also heat this in a slow cooker for 1-2 hours on low, stirring occasionally. Pace on "warm" setting once the queso dip is heated all the way through.