Rolled Taco Dip is perfect for those Mexican snack cravings! Why waste the time rolling this up in a tortilla when you can eat it with tortilla chips!?!
This dip was made only because I was craving my Rolled Tacos but didn’t have tortillas to make them! I decided I would make the filling and use tortilla chips for a dip! It was amazing! Now every time I make my rolled tacos I double the recipe so I have rolled tacos and some extra filling for dip!
Making Rolled Taco Dip
Rolled Taco Dip is made with green salsa, cream cheese, chicken, pepper jack cheese, fresh cilantro and green onions. A squeeze of fresh lime juice and some Mexican seasonings take this dip over the top with great Mexican flavors!
This dip couldn’t be more simple to make. Just put your chopped/shredded chicken in a mixing bowl. Add your block of softened cream cheese, and green salsa and mix it up! Next, add your green onions and cilantro, and mix well. Last, add the lime juice, and seasonings and mix it again. Make sure it is all mixed well.
I use a greased 8×8 baking dish to bake this dip. Spread the rolled taco dip evenly into your dish. It should fill the pan pretty good! Let it heat in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. It just needs to be warmed and the cheeses need to melt. 20 minutes should heat it pretty good. You can leave it in closer to 30 minutes if you like the top a bit more crispy and browned. Sprinkle some extra cheese on top for the last few minutes if you want – I can’t imagine not wanting this but it’s totally optional!
I love this dip hot or cold! This dip is so delicious you can eat it cold right after mixing it up! I never can wait to dig into this dip and always find myself eating some before it’s put in the oven! But trust me when I say, the melty cheeses warmed up are amaze balls!
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!!
These are some of the recommended products I used to make this delicious recipe. You can click on any of the products below.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Rolled Taco Dip
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and chopped/shredded
- 8 oz. cream cheese (1 block), softened
- 2 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, grated *Plus more to sprinkle on top as it bakes (optional)-Monterey Jack cheese works too
- 1/2 cup green salsa- mild *I prefer Herdez or La Victoria brand
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped fine
- 4 tsp lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Tortilla Chips for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 350° Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- Add your cooked chicken, softened cream cheese, pepper jack cheese and green salsa and mix well. Add in cilantro and green onions, mix well. Last, add in your lime juice and seasonings. Mix well.
- Spread your dip in your 8×8 pan, making sure it is spread evenly. Let it bake for at least 20 minutes. Check at 20 minutes and see if it is done. The cheeses just need to melt and the dip needs to be heated through. Let it bake for another 10 minutes if needed, or until it is heated through and done to your liking.
- Sprinkle the extra pepper jack cheese on top the last few minutes of baking.
- Serve with tortilla chips.