Cream Cheese and Chicken Dip (Rolled Taco Dip) is loaded with cream cheese, chicken, green salsa, cheese, green onions, cilantro and seasonings and is tasty warm dip.
This dip was made only because I was craving my Rolled Tacos but didn’t have tortillas to make them! I decided I would make the filling and use tortilla chips for a dip! It was amazing! Cream Baked Cheese and Chicken Dip was made (aka Rolled Taco Dip) and now is being shared with you.
Making the Baked Dip
This Cream Cheese and Chicken Dip is made with green salsa, cream cheese, chicken, pepper jack cheese, fresh cilantro and green onions. A squeeze of fresh lime juice and some Mexican seasonings take this dip over the top with great Mexican flavors!
Making it is simple. Just put your chopped/shredded chicken in a mixing bowl. Add your block of softened cream cheese, and green salsa and mix it up!
Next, add your green onions and cilantro, and mix well. Last, add the lime juice, and seasonings and mix it again. Make sure it is all mixed well.
Adjust any of the seasonings to your liking.
Baking the Cream Cheese and Chicken Dip
I use a greased 8×8 baking dish to bake this dip.
Spread the rolled taco dip evenly into your dish.
Let the Cream Cheese and Chicken Dip heat in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. It just needs to be warmed and the cheeses need to melt.
You can leave it in closer to 30 minutes if you like the top a bit more crispy and browned. Sprinkle some extra cheese on top for the last few minutes if you want – I can’t imagine not wanting this but it’s totally optional!
Take it out of the oven when it is melty and warm and dig in with some tortilla chips!
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!!
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
Here are some products I used to make this recipe!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.”
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- Pumpkin Lush Dessert
- Oven Baked Tacos
- Easy Taco Meat
- Pizza Stuffed Rolls
- Apple Spice Sheet Cake
- Raspberry Sweet Rolls
Rolled Taco Dip
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and chopped/shredded
- 8 oz. cream cheese (1 block), softened
- 2 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, grated *Plus more to sprinkle on top as it bakes (optional)-Monterey Jack cheese works too
- 1/2 cup green salsa- mild *I prefer Herdez or La Victoria brand
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped fine
- 4 tsp lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Tortilla Chips for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 350° Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- Add your cooked chicken, softened cream cheese, pepper jack cheese and green salsa and mix well. Add in cilantro and green onions, mix well. Last, add in your lime juice and seasonings. Mix well.
- Spread your dip in your 8×8 pan, making sure it is spread evenly. Let it bake for at least 20 minutes. Check at 20 minutes and see if it is done. The cheeses just need to melt and the dip needs to be heated through. Let it bake for another 10 minutes if needed, or until it is heated through and done to your liking.
- Sprinkle the extra pepper jack cheese on top the last few minutes of baking.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and should only be used as an approximation.