Easy Chicken Stir Fry is full of Asian flavors and fresh veggies. Served over rice it makes the perfect better-than-takeout meal!
I love Asian cuisine and love it even more when I can make it at home! This Easy Chicken Stir Fry is fast and easy to make and is so delicious!
This Fast and Easy Chicken Stir Fry is just that! Fast and Easy!
Fresh Veggies for Fast and Easy Chicken Stir Fry
I love a good stir fry with fresh veggies! Sure, you can buy them frozen in a bag but they NEVER will taste as good!
For this Fast and Easy Chicken Stir Fry I love to use fresh cut carrots, broccoli, snow peas, red or green peppers (or both) and some fresh chopped green onions for serving! The great thing about stir fry is that you can change up the fresh veggies to what your family likes!
Stir Fry Sauce for Fast and Easy Chicken Stir Fry
The stir fry sauce makes this dish! It has perfectly balanced Asian flavors and is a very versatile sauce that can be used for a lot of different Asian dishes. I use this same stir-fry sauce for my Chicken Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry. If you haven’t tried it, trust me you will love it!
The ingredients for the stir fry sauce are simple but come together and make this stir fry so good! I bet you have all of the ingredients in your kitchen!
I use soy sauce (always low sodium so it is not too salty), chicken broth, rice vinegar (cider vinegar works as a good substitute), white sugar, minced garlic, sesame seed oil (optional but the sauce needs it!), ground ginger, white pepper (black pepper works as a great substitute), and cornstarch so the sauce can thicken a bit.
Just mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and set it aside. If you like your stir fry more saucy, you can double the sauce, which I usually do! This recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups of sauce, and is plenty for the chicken and veggies, but feel free to double it!
Making The Fast and Easy Chcken Stir Fry
You will make your stir fry sauce and set it aside. Then cut your chicken into strips or bite sized pieces (whichever your prefer), and cut/chop your veggies.
In a large skillet, add a bit of canola or olive oil and start cooking your chicken. When the chicken starts to cook and is almost done add in your veggies. I always add in my carrots, broccoli and peas first and let them cook for a few minutes. Then, add in the softer veggies like the peppers and onions (if you choose to add these). Softer skinned veggies like peppers and onions don’t need quite as much time to cook. You only need the veggies crisp-tender. Do not over cook them or they will be mushy and the stir fry won’t be as good!
After your chicken is cooked fully (make sure it is no longer pink) and your veggies are crisp tender (or to your liking), then pour in your stir fry sauce. Give it one last stir or whisk before adding it to the pan just to make sure it is mixed well and nothing is left behind that has settled to the bottom of your bowl.
The sauce should thicken pretty fast because of the cornstarch you added. Stir the sauce making sure the veggies are covered. Let the stir fry heat just until the sauce is heated through.
Serve over your favorite rice. I always cut up green onions to add when serving, but this is totally optional!
Here are some products I used to make this recipe!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.”
Fast and Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into strips or pieces
- 1 to 2 tbsp canola or olive oil *for cooking the chicken and veggies
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup carrots, chopped into bite sized pieces *baby carrots work great
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 red or green pepper, sliced thin into strips *optional
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced thin into strips *optional
- Green onions, chopped *for serving
- Rice of your choice, cooked
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce *low sodium
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar *white or cider vinegar works in a pinch
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp minced garlic *I use the bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp white pepper *back pepper is a great substitute
- 1/8 tsp sesame seed oil *small amount but necessary for flavor
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch *necessary for thickening
- Cut your chicken into strips and cut/chop all of your veggies.
- Add all of the stir fry sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add your 1-2 tbsp canola or olive oil to the pan. Add in your chicken strips/pieces and let them cook for 3-5 minutes.
- When the chicken is almost done, add in your broccoli, snow peas and carrots and any larger veggies that need a bit longer to cook. Let them cook with the chicken for about 3 minutes.
- Next, add in your softer veggies and let them cook with the other veggies and chicken. Let the chicken cook until it is no longer pink and let your veggies cook just until they are crisp-tender, or done to your liking.
- Pour your stir fry sauce over the cooked veggies and chicken and give it a good stir. The sauce should thicken pretty quick.
- Remove from heat and serve over your hot rice. You can top your serving with your chopped green onions (optional).