Buffalo Chicken Ranch Taquitos are filled with chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch seasoning and mozzarella cheese and they are baked not fried!
I love buffalo sauce! I love wings, dips, quesadillas, pizza … if it has buffalo sauce on it, I want it! These baked buffalo chicken ranch taquitos are hit at my house. They are perfect for a snack, but we make them for dinner all the time. And you can freeze them for an easy dinner on a busy night! (Or to have on hand for snacks).
The Buffalo Sauce for Buffalo Chicken Ranch Taquitos
Buffalo Sauce in general is super spicy and will always have a kick. So if you have a recipe and there is buffalo sauce in it, you know you are getting some heat!
Not everyone loves things super hot and spicy. I kept that in mind when I developed this recipe. It has some heat but the ranch seasoning, cream cheese and mozzarella cheese help offset the heat a bit. But you can add more buffalo sauce if you want them super spicy.
I use Frank’s Buffalo Sauce or Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Sauce. I love them both, they both have very similar flavor and they both are hot! When making these, I use whatever I have on hand. If I have recently made my Sweet Baby Ray’s Chicken (it is delicious and uses Sweet Baby Rays sauces, including the buffalo sauce), then I use Sweet Baby Rays. But I have used Frank’s Buffalo Sauce and the buffalo chicken rollups turn out the same.
As for the heat: start out with what I have on the recipe and then add according to how hot you like it at the very end!
The Buffalo Chicken Ranch Filling
The filling is creamy and spicy. You will need some chicken, chopped and cooked. I like to chop my chicken into pretty small pieces so there are no large pieces in my taquito. This is my personal preference, you can chop it however big or small you like!
You will also need some cream cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, dry ranch seasoning and some chopped green onions. Super simple but the flavor is amazing!
Making the Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Add some olive oil or canola oil to a large skillet. Over medium heat, cook your chopped chicken until it is no longer pink.
Next, add in your cream cheese. Stir it around until is fully melted and mixed with the chicken.
Next add your buffalo sauce and mix it in fully. Do not adjust the amount of buffalo sauce you are adding at this point! You may know you want to add more, but wait until everything else is added in before you adjust the heat!
Next add in your ranch seasoning. Give it a good mix and then add your mozzarella cheese. Stir it until the cheese is fully melted.
Turn your heat down to medium-low. Add your chopped green onions and keep stirring. Let it heat for a few minutes. The cheese should melt just a bit more and be smooth and creamy.
I use flour tortillas for these baked buffalo chicken tortilla rollups. They are easier to roll and the soft flour tortilla in my opinion just goes better with the buffalo wing sauce flavors in these buffalo chicken rollups.
Using flour tortillas I get about 10 taquitos. If you put a little less filling in each tortilla you could get more. Or if you add more filling you will get less taquitos.
You can use corn tortillas if you prefer. You will add less filling to each corn tortilla.
The brand of flour tortillas I prefer are Mission brand. (I am not getting paid to promote them…I just prefer them).
Rolling and Baking the Taquitos
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease a baking sheet.
Scoop 2-3 tablespoons of your filling into each tortilla and roll it up. It will melt and ooze out of your tortilla, so don’t over-fill them! If you are using corn tortillas they will need much less filling.
After you have the filling rolled in the flour tortilla, place the taquito seam side down on your baking sheet. Repeat until all of the filling is gone. I use about 3 tablespoons per tortilla and usually get about 10 taquitos.
Spray the taquitos with cooking spray and sprinkle with coarse kosher salt.
Bake the taquitos for 15-20 minutes. They should be slightly golden brown on the edges of the taquitos. The filling may melt out of them, that is ok.
Serving Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Buffalo Chicken Ranch Taquitos are enough on their own. We love to dip them in ranch dressing or bleu cheese dressing. You could serve them with a side salad if you wanted.
Freezing the Taquitos
You can freeze already baked taquitos in the freezer for up to 6 months. You can pop them in to the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook them until they are warmed through. (Temperature for baking is lowered because they are frozen).
You can also freeze the taquitos before baking them. Just roll them up, and place them on a baking sheet. Place them in the freezer on the baking sheet for one hour. Then take them out of the freezer, and place them in a freezer zip top bag or freezer container. They need to be put in the freezer separated on the pan for the first little bit so they don’t stick together when placed in a bag or container for freezing for a longer period of time.
When you are ready to bake them, spray them with the cooking spray, sprinkle with salt and bake them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (baking temperature change due to them being frozen.)
Lower Calorie Version
For making Buffalo Chicken rollups that are lower calorie, use cream cheese that is 1/3 less fat, cut back on the cheese and use a whole wheat or Carb Counter Tortilla (see below) that have fewer calories! (Not getting paid to promote these tortillas).
Buffalo Chicken Ranch Taquitos are baked but full of buffalo flavor! You control the heat and they will make an easy dinner or perfect snack!
Comment below and let me know how you liked this recipe! Please leave me star rating also! Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram (click on the icons at the top or bottom of the blog)!
These are some of the recommended products I used to make this delicious recipe. You can click on any of the products below.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out my latest posts!
- The Best Homemade Pizza
- Buffalo Chicken Ranch Taquitos
- Fresh Homemade Queso Dip
- Homemade Soft Pretzel Bites
- Oven Baked Sticky Fingers
- Ranch Chicken and Rice Bake
Buffalo Chicken Ranch Taquitos
- 1 lb. chicken, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tsp canola or olive oil (optional) *for cooking chicken
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tbsp buffalo wing sauce *start out with 2 tbsp. add more to taste
- 2 tbsp dry ranch seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 7-8 green onions, chopped fine
- 10 flour tortillas *see notes
- cooking spray (optional) * for spraying on the taquitos before baking to make the salt stick
- coarse kosher salt (optional) *to sprinkle on before baking
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease a baking sheet.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add your canola oil or olive oil and your chicken. Cook your chicken until it is no longer pink and cooked fully.
- Add the cream cheese to the pan and mix into the chicken. Let it melt fully.
- Add your buffalo sauce. Add 2 tablespoons to start. Add more buffalo sauce at the end if you think you want more heat.
- Next, add in your dry ranch seasoning mix. Mix it fully.
- Add in your mozzarella cheese. It will take a minute to melt fully. Keep stirring.
- Reduce your heat to medium-low. Add your green onions. Let the cheese keep melting. Add more buffalo sauce now if you want it spicier. Keep stirring until the cheese is fully melted. Remove the pan from the heat for rolling the taquitos.
- Take 2 to 3 tablespoons and put the filling in the center of your flour tortilla. Roll it up and place it on your parchment paper lined baking sheet (or greased baking sheet) seam side down. Repeat with all of the filling and tortillas.
- Spray the taquitos with cooking spray and sprinkle with coarse kosher salt. This is totally optional…you can skip this if you want.
- Bake the taquitos for 15-20 minutes until the tortillas start to brown on the edges. Mine bake for 15 minutes, but you can bake them to your liking.
- Take them out of the oven when they are done and enjoy! We love to dip our taquitos in ranch or bleu cheese dressing.