Chicken Bacon Ranch Rollups! Say what?! If you know anything about me, you know I love my Butcher Man and my boys (duh), Diet Coke, (from the fountain with pebble ice), and I love…like really love….Chicken, bacon ranch ANYTHING! So Chicken Bacon Ranch Rollups…Can you think of a better combo? I cannot!
These Chicken Bacon Ranch Rollups are just like a taquito or rolled taco, but are not Mexican in flavor (just in case you didn’t catch that by the title). Because they are not Mexican flavored, I am calling them rollups! The delicious filling is rolled up in a tortilla and they are so dang delicious! Trust me (I am a chicken, bacon, ranch anything connoisseur), you will love these and will want to make them over, and over, and over again! The good news is you can also make them and freeze them for later! They are perfect for dinner or lunch or even as a snack! They freeze perfectly so you can always have them on hand!
I love finger foods and hand held foods! So these are a favorite of mine! The filling is delicious! Chicken, bacon and ranch, green onions, Monterey Jack or pepper jack cheese all mixed up in cream cheese! Yum! The Rollups are baked, not fried and they end up crispy and delicious! So simple but so good! I love them!
For your tortilla, you can use corn or flour. I made some of both when I was developing this recipe. We really liked both tortillas, but my family liked the corn tortillas better! (I thought for sure the flour tortillas would be the winner!) Even though we liked the corn tortillas better, both are good. So use whichever you prefer, or try some of both! And just a word of advice- double the recipe because you are going to love these and are going to want to freeze some for later!
Hope you enjoy!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Rollups
- 1 1/2 cups chicken, cooked diced or shredded – ground chicken works great too
- 3/4 – 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled add as much or as little as you like
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing or more to taste
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack or pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- dash of salt and pepper to taste
- corn tortillas or flour tortillas
- cooking spray and kosher salt for baking
- Heat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease your baking sheet.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Adjust ranch flavor as needed.
- In the center of your tortilla place some of your chicken filling in the center and roll up the tortilla.I use about 1 heaping tablespoon of the filling for corn tortillas and 2-3 heaping tablespoons of the filling for flour tortillas. This is just an estimate and you can use as much or as little as you like- it will effect the amount of rollups that you will end up with.
- Place the rollups on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or greased baking sheet).
- Lightly spray each rollup with some cooking spray and sprinkle a small amount of kosher salt on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- These can be reheated in the microwave until heated through or in the oven at 400 degress until heated through.
These rollups will freeze wonderfully. Just make them, roll them up and do not bake them. Place them in a baking dish or on a baking sheet (a plate works too), in a single layer and place them in the freezer until frozen. Then you can add them to a freezer safe container or zip top bag and keep them frozen until you are ready to eat them. When you are ready to eat them, just take them out of the freezer and line them up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a greased baking sheet and bake them at 400 degrees until heated through and crispy (or done to your liking). They will keep in the freezer for about 6 months.