Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquito Rollups are easy to make and have the perfect filling with chicken, bacon and ranch! Make these rollups with corn or flour tortillas and bake them or air fry them!
Corn or Flour Tortillas?
Corn or flour tortillas? It really comes down to personal preference as to what kind of tortilla to use for your Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquito Rollups.
I have used both. We really liked both tortillas, but my family liked the corn tortillas better! Even though we liked the corn tortillas better, both are good. Use whichever you prefer, or try some of both!
Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Filling
The filling could not be easier! It is made with the perfect combination-chicken,bacon and ranch.
Just mix up your cooked chicken and bacon with some cream cheese, ranch dressing, cheese and green onions. The filling is super simple but so yummy!
Adjust the ranch flavor to your liking.
Baking the Rollups
Rollup the filling into the tortilla of your choice. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet or greased baking sheet.
Spray the tortillas with cooking spray or brush the tops with oil and sprinkle coarse salt on top (this is optional)
CORN TORTILLA HELP: Corn tortillas tend to tear and crack. This is ok and won’t effect the flavor but if you want them to look pretty you can soften the tortillas first. Just wrap the tortillas in a wet paper towel (working with about 5 at a time) and heat them in the microwave on high for about 30 seconds. This should soften them so you can roll them without them breaking much!
Make the rollups and instead of baking them, roll them up and then cook in your air fryer on about 365 degrees Fahrenheit for about 6 to 8 minutes. Watch them closely. Every air fryer cooks different. Adjust the temperature and cooking time as needed.
The taquitos/rollups may crack a bit when baking if you use corn tortillas but they are still perfectly tasty!
No matter which type of tortilla you use and no matter how you cook them, these chicken bacon ranch taquito rollups will be a hit with all ages!
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
Here are some products I used to make this recipe!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.”
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- Creamy Chicken Bacon Pasta
- Chicken Taquitos (Rolled Tacos)
- Fast and Easy French Bread Pizza
- Easy Butter Cracker Chicken
- Homemade Chocolate Sauce
- Baked Taco Dip
Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquito Rollups
- 1 1/2 cups chicken, cooked diced or shredded – ground chicken works great too
- 3/4 – 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled add as much or as little as you like
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing or more to taste
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack or pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- dash of salt and pepper to taste
- corn tortillas or flour tortillas
- cooking spray and kosher salt for baking
- Heat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease your baking sheet.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Adjust ranch flavor as needed.
- In the center of your tortilla place some of your chicken filling in the center and roll up the tortilla.I use about 1 heaping tablespoon of the filling for corn tortillas and 2-3 heaping tablespoons of the filling for flour tortillas. This is just an estimate and you can use as much or as little as you like- it will effect the amount of rollups that you will end up with.
- Place the rollups on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or greased baking sheet).
- Lightly spray each rollup with some cooking spray and sprinkle a small amount of kosher salt on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- These can be reheated in the microwave until heated through or in the oven at 400 degress until heated through.
AIR FRYER COOKING
- Make the Rollups just like the recipe states. For cooking, heat your air fryer at 365°F. Cook the rolled taquito rollups for 6-8 minutes. Adjust the heat and cooking times according to how your air fryer cooks.
These rollups will freeze wonderfully. Just make them, roll them up and do not bake them. Place them in a baking dish or on a baking sheet (a plate works too), in a single layer and place them in the freezer until frozen. Then you can add them to a freezer safe container or zip top bag and keep them frozen until you are ready to eat them. When you are ready to eat them, just take them out of the freezer and line them up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a greased baking sheet and bake them at 400 degrees until heated through and crispy (or done to your liking). They will keep in the freezer for about 6 months.