Easy Butter Cracker Chicken is made with chicken breaded in buttery Ritz Crackers and pats of butter to make juicy and tender oven-baked chicken.
This Ritz Cracker Chicken makes a delicious home cooked meal that everyone will love.Jump to Recipe
The Butter Crackers
Butter crackers make this chicken amazing! The chicken is breaded with crushed-up butter crackers and then topped with pats of butter. The end result is juicy oven-baked chicken that is easy to make and delicious!
Butter Crackers give this chicken amazing flavor. I use the the best buttery crackers you can buy…Ritz crackers. But any type of buttery cracker will work great.
For this recipe you need about 2 cups of crushed butter crackers. This is about 55 crackers, give or take a few.
Depending on the box of crackers you buy, one sleeve of Ritz crackers is usually about 32 crackers in a regular box of crackers. I just crush up 2 sleeves (I eat a few of course).
The family size boxes, party size boxes and fresh stacks all have different amounts of crackers per sleeve. Just make sure you have about 2 cups of crushed up crackers. (You may have some left over after all of the chicken is breaded.)
You can crush up the butter crackers super fine or leave it a bit more coarse with bigger pieces. Either way is fine. Just place them in a plastic zip top bag and crush them up.
Next, add some seasonings to the crushed up butter crackers. I add some season salt, garlic salt and black pepper. You can adjust the seasonings to your liking (or leave them out all together).
Making Ritz Butter Cracker Chicken
You will need about 4 chicken breasts for this recipe. Make sure they are a pretty even in thickness.
Also make sure you chicken isn’t too thick. 1/4 inch or slightly thicker is what I prefer. Pound them out or fillet them so they are thinner, pieces with an even thickness.
I prefer to serve smaller pieces of chicken so I cut each chicken breast into about 2 to 3 pieces giving me anywhere from 8-12 pieces/servings typically. You can just have 4 larger pieces of chicken if you prefer.
Dip each piece of chicken in beaten egg.
Next, coat the egg covered chicken pieces in the crushed butter ritz crackers.
Then, place each butter cracker coated chicken piece on a baking sheet. Make sure your baking sheet is lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray.
Last, top each piece of Ritz Cracker Chicken with pats of butter. This will make the crackers rich and butter in flavor.
Bake the chicken at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken reaches in 165 degrees Fahrenheit in the center of the chicken.
What to Eat With Easy Butter Cracker Chicken
This chicken is so delicious it really doesn’t need anything to go with it … but if you are serving it for dinner you are going to want some sides!
I love to serve my Ritz Cracker Butter Chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. I use packets of chicken gravy for the mashed potatoes to make it quick and easy. I also like a little gravy on top of my chicken.
You can serve this easy cracker butter chicken with a side salad (try my Parmesan Vinaigrette Dressing), some corn or other veggie. And of course you need some bread, so try my Easy Homemade Breadsticks, Garlic Knots or Easy Homemade French Bread.
For some other tasty oven baked chicken, try my Ranch Chicken! For the perfect side dish try my Crock Pot Party Potatoes (funeral potatoes).
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- Chipotle Chicken
- Fast and Easy Pasta Salad
- Shrimp Salad
- Foil Packet Loaded Potatoes
- Easy Pretzel Bites (made from store bought pizza crust dough)
- The Best Orange Chicken
Here are some products I used to make this recipe!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.”
Easy Butter Cracker Chicken (Ritz Cracker Chicken)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 to 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups crushed butter crackers *about 55 crackers- see notes
- 1 tsp season salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces *one cube/stick
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Make sure your chicken is trimmed and pretty even in thickness. Make sure they’re not too thick. They should be about 1/4 inch or a bit thicker. Fillet the chicken into thinner pieces or pound it out to even thickness. I prefer to make smaller pieces of chicken so cut your chicken breasts into 2 to 3 smaller peices if desired.
- Beat your eggs and place them in a shallow container.
- Crush your butter/Ritz crackers and place them in a medium sized bowl. Add your seasonings to the Ritz cracker crumbs and mix it well.
- Take each piece of chicken and dip it in the eggs. Then, dip it in the crushed butter crackers until it is evenly breaded. Place the breaded chicken breast on the parchment lined baking sheet (or greased baking sheet). Repeat with all of thei chicken. Make sure the chicken pieces are evenly spaced out on the baking sheet.
- Top each piece of chicken with small pats of butter.
- Bake the chicken for 35-40 minutes or until the center of the thickest piece of chicken reaches 165°F.
- Serve your chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy (gravy is tasty on the chicken too), a salad or a veggie and some bread!