Homemade Chocolate sauce from scratch is smooth, creamy and down right dreamy! It will fix those chocolate cravings and leave you wanting more!Jump to Recipe
Ingredients for Homemade Chocolate Sauce
This Homemade Chocolate Sauce from scratch is so easy to make.
You will need heavy cream which makes the chocolate sauce rich and creamy.
Then you will add some butter, a pinch of salt, vanilla and powdered sugar to keep it sweet!
Chocolate is the most important ingredient. You can use chocolate chips, baking chocolate or melting chocolate. You can use semi-sweet or milk chocolate. If I use chocolate chips I use milk chocolate but if I use baking chocolate I use semi sweet.
I either use chocolate chips ( I love Ghirardelli) or Bakers melting chocolate!
Making Homemade Chocolate Sauce
In a medium sized saucepan, over medium heat, you will just add all of the ingredients. Whisk the ingredients together until the butter and chocolate is melted and smooth.
The Perfect Chocolate Flavor
The chocolate combined with heavy cream and powdered sugar give it a perfect sweet chocolate taste, unlike some other chocolate sauces that use cocoa powder and tend to be a little more dark chocolate tasting.
This sauce is out of this world amazing and I know you will love it! For a chocolate lovers dessert, bake my Easy Homemade Brownies, top with vanilla ice cream and this Chocolate Sauce!
Chocolate Sauce for Everything
This chocolate sauce is perfect on ice cream sundaes, brownie sundaes, drizzled on baked goods and is delicious as a dip for fruit. If you are a sweet eater and love chocolate you will love this chocolate sauce and will want to eat it on everything!
Homemade Chocolate sauce is smooth, creamy and down right dreamy! It will fix those chocolate cravings and leave you wanting more! Hope you enjoy!
For the best brownie sundae known to man, make my Easy Homemade Brownies and top them off with vanilla ice cream and this warm chocolate sauce!
Here are some products I used to make this recipe!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.”
How cute are these ice cream dishes…perfect for ice cream sundaes!
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- The Best Bean Dip
- Firecracker Chicken
- Creamy Chicken Bacon Pasta
- Chicken Taquitos (Rolled Tacos)
- Fast and Easy French Bread Pizza
- Easy Butter Cracker Chicken
Homemade Chocolate Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 oz. semi-sweet melting chocolate, or 3/4 cup chocolate chips see notes
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Put all of your ingredients in a saucepan. Over medium heat, whisk/stir until butter and chocolate are melted and ingredients are completely combined and smooth.
- Serve over ice cream, brownies, cheesecake or any sweet treat! This sauce will thicken after it cools a little bit!
- This will store in the fridge for 2-3 weeks. Just reheat on the stove when ready to serve.