Candy Cane Sauce is perfect for the holidays! It is a peppermint stick sauce that is delicious on ice cream, brownies, cheesecake or anything you can imagine! It is a smooth, creamy, velvety sauce that is sweet, pepperminty and so dreamy!
You will love this smooth, creamy, velvety Candy Sauce! The peppermint flavor is perfectly balanced with the sweet marshmallow cream and it makes an unbelievably sweet creamy sauce for all of your Holiday treats!
My mom made this Candy Cane sauce when I was growing up and I have loved it ever since! It will get you feeling all of that holiday cheer and dreaming of sugar plums!
Making your peppermint sauce
You are not going to believe how easy it is to make this sauce. The flavors are rich and dreamy and you will impress your guests!
To make this Candy Cane Sauce you will need candy canes, heavy whipping cream and marshmallow cream-that’s it!
NOTE: The pink/red shade of the candy cane sauce may vary depending on the brand of candy canes and how much red striping your candy canes have.
First, you will need to crush your candy canes. The smaller the better. If they are larger, that is fine, they will just take longer to melt.
Next, add all of your ingredients into a medium sized saucepan. Melt the ingredients over medium-low heat. Stir it occasionally, making sure it is not cooking too hot, and sticking/burning to the bottom of the pan. It will take a bit of time to melt and come together. Keep stirring and adjust the heat as needed. It will be done when it is all melted, and is smooth and creamy!
You can leave some candy cane chunks in the sauce if you want it a bit crunchy!
Serving Candy Cane Sauce
Candy Cane Sauce is perfect for the holidays! This Candy Cane sauce is amazing on vanilla ice cream, but is delicious on brownies, drizzled on cookies or cakes or as a cheesecake topping. Add some crushed candy canes to the top of any treat for a bit more candy cane flavor (and it looks cute)!
Candy Cane Sauce will get you in the holiday spirit and will be your new favorite Holiday Treat!
Candy Cane Sauce
- 24 peppermint candy canes, crushed into small pieces *should be about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow cream
- additional crushed candy canes to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Add all of your ingredients to a medium sized saucepan. Over medium-low heat melt all of the ingredients together, stirring occasionally. Your sauce is ready to eat once all of the candy canes are melted and the sauce is velvety smooth and creamy. *You can leave some candy pieces in your sauce if you want it crunchy.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream, or as a sauce for cheesecake. Drizzle it over cakes, cookies or brownies!