No Bake Peppermint Pie is the perfect holiday treat! With a chocolate Oreo crust, a creamy peppermint pie filling, and fresh whipped cream and crushed candy canes on top, this Candy Cane Pie will help you celebrate the holidays!Jump to Recipe
The Ingredients for Easy Candy Cane Pie
Easy No Bake Candy Cane Pie is simple to make but so yummy! The smooth and creamy peppermint pie filling is perfect with the chocolate Oreo Pie Crust!
For this No Bake Peppermint Pie you will need a chocolate pie crust, heavy whipping cream, some powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, red food coloring and candy canes!
All of these ingredients come together to make the best No Bake Peppermint Pie!
Making Fresh Whipped Cream for your Easy Candy Cane Pie
First you need to make your whipped cream! Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or a hand mixer, pour your heavy whipping cream, some of your vanilla extract and some of your powdered sugar in to the mixing bowl.
Mix until the whipped cream forms stiff peaks and isn’t runny. It may take a few minutes of mixing! Set aside.
While your whipping cream is mixing, crush your candy canes. I put mine in a zip top bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.
You can use a heavy cup, pan, meat mallet or can of soup to crush them.
It is ok if you have different sized pieces and some candy cane powder! Set the crushed candy canes aside while you make the pie filling!
The No Bake Peppermint Pie Filling
In a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, or using a hand mixer, mix together your cream cheese, and some of your powdered sugar.
Then, add the red food coloring, vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Mix until the food coloring is fully incorporated.
Then mix in some of your fresh whipped cream. Some of the whipped cream will be reserved for the top of the pie!
Last add some of the crushed canes to the pie filling!
Pour the peppermint pie filling into your chocolate Oreo pie crust and smooth it out in the crust.
Top with the remaining fresh whipped cream. You can add all of the whipped cream or as little as you like ( I use it all and spread it thick on top).
Add some more crushed candy canes to the top.
Before serving, refrigerate your pie for at least an hour so it can set up!
NOTE: The candy canes will bleed a little bit into the fresh whipped cream. If this annoys you, add the crushed candy canes right before serving! (See photo below if you need help making a decision to see if it will bug you!)
Serving your No Bake Peppermint Pie
Serving your Easy Candy Cane Pie is simple. Just serve up a slice of this delightful Peppermint Pie and enjoy every last bite!
Refrigerate any leftovers!
For some other yummy festive peppermint recipes, try my Candy Cane Sauce or my Easy Candy Cane Peppermint Fudge!
Here are some products I used to make this recipe!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.”
- Jolly Rancher Slushies
- Chipotle Chicken
- Fast and Easy Pasta Salad
- Shrimp Salad
- Foil Packet Loaded Potatoes
- Easy Pretzel Bites (made from store bought pizza crust dough)
No Bake Peppermint Pie
- 1 (6 oz.) Chocolate Oreo Pie Crust
- 1 pint (or 2 cups) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided *some will be for the pie filling, and some for the whipped cream
- 2 pkgs (8 oz. each) cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, divided *some will be for the pie filling, and some for the whipped cream
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 12 drops red food coloring
- 10 peppermint candy canes
- In a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, or using a hand mixer, add your heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the mixing bowl. Mix until the whipped cream forms stiff peaks and is not runny. Set aside.
Peppermint Pie Filling
- Take your candy canes, unwrap them and add them to a zip top bag. Using a rolling pin, can of soup, meat mallet or heavy cup, crush the candy canes into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, or using a hand mixer, add your cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Next, add in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons peppermint extract and 12 drops of red food coloring. Mix until the color is fully mixed in to the pie filling.
- Take 1 cup of your fresh whipped cream and mix it into the peppermint pie filling.**(You will have more whipped cream than what is added for the pie filling – the remaining whipped cream will be added to the top of the pie!)
- Take half of your crushed candy canes and add them to the pie filling. Mix fully.
- Pour your pie filling into the chocolate Oreo pie crust and smooth out in the pie crust.
- Top the pie with the remaining fresh whipped cream and add the rest of the crushed candy canes on top. You do not have to add all of the whipped cream- add as much as you like!*The candy canes will bleed a bit in to the whipped cream as it refrigerates. If you do not want this to happen, add the candy canes on top before serving. You can see a photo of the candy canes bleeding above – it is no big deal and still tastes great, it is just up up to you when to add them!
- Refrigerate your pie for at least one hour before serving to let the pie set up.
- When ready to serve, cut your pie into 8 slices (or however many you like) and serve while cold!