Sweet chocolate fudge is the perfect Christmas treat! This Easy Candy Cane Fudge is the best Peppermint Fudge recipe you will ever make! It is made with simple ingredients and is the perfect peppermint chocolate treat!
Easy Candy Cane Fudge only takes five ingredients. FIVE!!! You need butter, sweetened condensed milk, semi-sweet chocolate chips (milk chocolate can be used instead), peppermint extract and candy canes!
These five ingredients come together to make the best easy peppermint fudge you will ever eat! It is the perfect fudge for Christmas!
You will need an 8×8 baking dish for this fudge.
I line my baking dish with parchment paper for easy clean up and easy serving. I leave the parchment paper hanging over the sides of the pan just a little bit. You can also line your pan with foil.
When I am ready to serve my fudge I simply lift the fudge out of the pan using the parchment paper. Then I cut the fudge right on the parchment paper. This makes it easy to put it right back in the pan if I have leftovers!
Making Candy Cane Fudge
You will need a medium sized saucepan for this fudge and a rubber scraper or a wooden. (A regular spoon works great too.)
Put all of the ingredients in your sauce pan.
Over medium heat, stir together all of the ingredients and keep stirring until the chocolate chips are melted and everything is incorporated! That is it! Super simple!
Then it is poured into an 8×8 baking dish (lined with parchment paper or foil).
Top the fudge with crushed candy canes! Press them into the fudge a bit.
The fudge will need to set up in your fridge for at least 3 hours!
The Peppermint Extract
Peppermint extract is added to this Easy Candy Cane Fudge so you have some extra peppermint flavor throughout the fudge, instead of relying solely on the crushed candy canes on top.
The chocolate fudge with the candy canes on top is a perfect combo. You do not have to add the peppermint extract at all. But if you love peppermint flavor, I recommend adding the peppermint extract!
This is the best chocolate peppermint fudge you will ever make! It could not be more simple! It is a fudge recipe that you will make every Christmas!
- The Best Pot Roast in the Oven
- Butter Ranch Pretzels
- Sheet Pan Pizza
- Easy Slow Cooker French Dip
- Cucumber Pasta Salad
- BLT Ranch Pasta Salad
Easy Candy Cane Fudge
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips *milk chocolate works too
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp peppermint extract (optional) *see notes
- 4 peppermint candy canes, crushed *or more for the topping of the fudge
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Leave some edges hanging over the side so you can easily take the fudge out of the pan for cutting and serving! Just press press the parchment paper in to the pan and try and crease it into the pan the best you can. It will not sit perfectly in the pan, but once the fudge gets poured in it, it will all settle in just fine!You can also line the pan with foil.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, add all of your ingredients except the crushed candy canes, to your saucepan. Stir with a rubber scrapper or a spoon as it melts. Keep stirring until it is all melted, mixed together and smooth.
- Pour the fudge into the parchment (or foil) lined 8×8 pan. Smooth it out evenly. Sprinkle your crushed canes on top, pressing them into the fudge a bit.
- Cover the fudge with foil and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before cutting and serving.
- To serve, lift the fudge out of the pan using the parchment paper to easily lift it out. Cut it into 9 equal squares (or however many squares you like).Refrigerate any leftovers!