My boys love Bagel Bites (I even find myself sneaking one or two when I bake them)! So I decided that I would make a homemade version and see if they could tell the difference and guess what? They couldn’t! The bagels were a little bit bigger than the frozen OG bagel bites you buy at the store but they tasted just as good (better in my opinion) and the great thing is that you can use whole wheat mini bagels to make them even a bit more healthy! These homemade bagel bites are perfect for summer! My boys never want a big heavy meal, and I usually don’t want to cook much after a day at the pool, so this will be on repeat this summer at my house!
Grab the mini bagels at the store. They usually come 10-12 a bag, and are a little larger than regular frozen bagel bites. You can also use the Whole Wheat Mini bagels, but I went for plain mini bagels! Then you will need some pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and toppings.
I wanted to make them as close to real bagel bites as I could, so I bought a block of mozzarella cheese and diced it into the smallest little cubes of cheese I could!
I also wanted the pepperoni to be small and diced like the OG bagel bites, and I had pepperoni sticks in my fridge (if you don’t know what these are you can see them in the pic below-they are like a string cheese but a pepperoni stick and my boys love them for a snack). So I diced up my pepperoni sticks nice and small!
You can also use regular pepperoni or the mini pepperonis (see below)!
I also diced up some slices of Canadian bacon (the frozen bagel bites do not have Canadian bacon on them, but one of my boys loves it on pizza- so this is optional).
Now pay close attention because these are super hard to make (wink,wink!)! Take a little pizza sauce and spread it on both halves of the bagel, then top with your toppings. I know- so hard!
I line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put the bagel bites right on it! In to the oven at 425 for about 10 minutes, maybe a few more, until they are baked to your liking. We like ours a little crispy, but you can bake them as long or as little as you want!
That is it! This is a meal that we will be having all summer. It is fast, easy and a crowd pleaser.
If your family loves Pizza as much as mine does, try my Easy Homemade Pizza-it is so yummy and fun to make together as a family!
Hope you enjoy!
These are some of the recommended products I used to make this delicious recipe. You can click on any of the products below.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Homemade Bagel Bites
- 1 bag plain mini bagels (whole wheat are fine) usually they come 10-12 a bag
- 1 jar (14 oz.) pizza sauce or my Easy Homemade Pizza sauce (see notes for link) any brand
- Mozzerella Cheese, grated or chopped into tiny diced cubes see notes
- pepperoni see notes
- sausage, cooked and crumbled into small pieces
- Canadian bacon, chopped into small pieces
- pineapple chunks, chopped small
- onions, green peppers or mushrooms
- Preheat your oven to 425 °. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice your bagels in half and spread pizza sauce on both sides of the bagel. Top with cheese and desired toppings.
- Place bagels with toppings on your lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or to your liking.
- You can use any flavor of mini bagel (or even use regular sized bagels).
- I buy a smaller block of mozzarella cheese and dice it into small little cubes like the OG bagel bites. But you can easily use shredded mozzarella.
- I used diced pepperoni sticks for my pepperoni (see the photo above). Pepperoni sticks are like a string cheese and found by the pepperoni in the refrigerated section. But you can use regular pepperoni slices or the mini pepperoni slices too.
- You can choose whatever toppings you want on yours. Just make sure to chop them all up small so they fit on the mini bagels!
- My Homemade Pizza Sauce is fast and easy and delicious!