Easter Crinkle Cookies are a soft sugar cookie rolled in powdered sugar to get a crinkle top! They are sweet, fun and perfect for Easter!
I was scrolling through Pinterest and some cute colorful cookies caught my eye! They were bright, fun and were the crinkle cookies I loved to eat as a kid! You know the ones with the powdered sugar on top that makes them look “crinkly”?!! Excitement ensued and I couldn’t wait to make them! The recipe came from Two Sister’s Crafting…if you haven’t checked them out you need to! They have the cutest stuff and most fun recipes (like these Crinkle Cookies). Two Sister’s call them Springtime Crinkle Cookies and since Easter is coming up soon, I figured I would make them my Easter Crinkle Cookies!
I pretty much kept to their recipe (click HERE for it). They add lemon juice to their cookies, and I decided I wanted a little bit of vanilla in mine too. I also, did not add the lemon zest their recipe calls for. That is really the only difference- their recipe is perfection! The cookies are sweet, soft and just perfection. Instead of the traditional frosting you usually have with a sweet sugar cookie, these cookies are rolled in powdered sugar before baking!
Making Easter Crinkle Cookies
Easter Crinkle cookies are easy to make in your mixer. A hand mixer will work great, and even your good ol’ hands will work too (just a little more work!).
First, you will cream together your butter and sugar. Then add your eggs and cream some more.
Next, add in the vanilla and lemon juice. Mix until fully incorporated. Then, add in your baking powder, and last your flour. Mix until fully combined.
You can make your cookies any color you like. I stuck to what the Two Sister’s did because they were so bright, fun, and perfect for Easter. Divide your dough evenly into as many colors you want. I had 4 different colors : pink, purple, blue and yellow.
Place the colored cookie dough in their own zip top bags for chilling.
You will need to refrigerate your dough. This helps the cookies stay fluffy and not flatten when baking. They need to chill for at least 3 hours or overnight. I have mine chill overnight!
After the dough has chilled, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Take the dough and roll them into balls. Mine are about a rounded tablespoon each. I got 12 cookie balls out of each color, making 4 dozen cookies.
Get that Crinkle Top!!!
Easter Crinkle Cookies are a soft sugar cookie rolled in powdered sugar to get that crinkle top! Roll the dough balls, then roll them in powdered sugar and place on your lined baking sheet. Make sure the cookies are about 2 inches apart so they don’t bake into each other.
Bake your cookies for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Easter Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened (not melted)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- food coloring for coloring the dough *I use pink, purple, blue and yellow
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, for rolling before baking
- In a mixer (or using a hand mixer, or by hand), cream together the butter and sugar. Add in the eggs and cream again.
- Add in the lemon juice and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in the baking powder and the flour. Mix well.
- Divide the dough in 4 equal parts. Color each portion of dough your desired color. I color mine blue, yellow, pink and purple. Place each portion in its own zip top bag and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- When you are getting ready to bake your cookies, preheat your oven to 350° Line a baking/cookie sheet with parchment paper, or grease your pan. Measure out your 1/2 cup of powdered sugar in a bowl.
- After the dough has chilled, take it out of the zip top bag and roll it into dough balls. Each cookie dough ball should be about a rounded tablespoon. ***I get 12 cookies out of each color, making 4 dozen cookies total.
- Roll each cookie dough ball in the powdered sugar and place them on your lined baking sheet. Make sure they are about 2 inches apart for baking so they don't bake into each other.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven when done baking and enjoy!