Easter “Peeps” Marshmallow Treats is a marshmallow treat made with Peeps cereal! It is soft, sweet, full of marshmallow goodness, and kid approved! Top off your Marshmallow Treats with Peeps marshmallows and you have a delightful Easter treat!
Who doesn’t love Rice Krispy Treats/Marshmallow treats? No matter the time of year and no matter what holiday, marshmallow treats are a go-to at our house. They are so easy to make and yummy!
I love walking down the cereal aisle and seeing all the fun cereals they have. Every holiday and season seems to have a new fun cereal and I love making Marshmallow Treats with them. (I love to make S’mores Marshmallow Treats with the S’mores cereal!). When I saw the Peep’s cereal I was so excited! It looked so yummy and had the most tiny, cutest little peeps marshmallows in it! Of course, I had to make Marshmallow Treats!
What you need for Easter “Peeps” Marshmallow Treats
The most important part of these marshmallow treats is the Peeps cereal! Easter “Peeps” Marshmallow Treats is a marshmallow treat made with Peeps cereal! You will need the entire box for these yummy treats.
You will also need butter, marshmallow creme, and if you want to make the top of these marshmallow treats extra cute and Easter-y, then you will need some Peep marshmallows. Adding extra Peeps to the top is not a must, but they sure look cute! Those that don’t like Peeps can take them off!
Making Easter Marshmallow Treats
Just throw the butter and marshmallow creme in the a large pot and let it melt, stirring it the entire time. Then add the box of cereal.
Pour the melted cereal mix into a greased 9×13 pan. Press them in and make sure they are evenly spread in the pan.
Top with the extra Peep marshmallows if desired!
Cut into squares and enjoy! Happy Easter!
Try my S’mores Marshmallow Treats if you want more marshmallow goodness!
Easter “Peeps” Marshmallow Treats
- 1 box (Family Size 12.7 oz.) Peeps cereal
- 2 (7 oz.) jars marshmallow creme
- 6 tbsp butter
- Peeps Marshmallow treats *optional for topping the marshmallow treats
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add both jars of marshmallow creme to the melted butter and stir together. Stir until fully melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat. Add in the box of cereal, gently stirring it into the marshmallow creme.
- Press into a greased 9×13 pan.
- If desired, top with Peep Marshmallows. Cut and enjoy!