Simple Snickerdoodles are the perfect soft cinnamon-sugar cookie! They are easy to make and everyone loves them!
Who doesn’t love a yummy snickerdoodle? There is just something about the soft cookie that is rolled in cinnamon and sugar. Everyone loves them and they are easy and fun to make! My boys love rolling the little balls of dough in the cinnamon and sugar, almost as much as they love eating them fresh from the oven.
Fast and Easy perfect soft cookie covered in cinnamon and sugar
You are going to love making these cookies! You can be done from start to finish with all of them baked in under an hour! Just preheat that oven, throw all of the ingredients in your mixer and make that dough!
The best part of Simple Snickerdoodles is the sugar-cinnamon topping! Nothing is more fun than rolling balls of soft cookie dough in the sugar and cinnamon. After you have made your dough, roll those cookie dough balls in the sweet topping and get ready to bake them! Your house is going to smell unbelievable!
Make em, bake em, or freeze them for later
Of course these cookies are amazing and you will want to make them and bake them so you can eat them right away. But you can easily freeze the dough to bake them later.
There are 2 options for freezing the dough. Roll the dough into one big roll and freeze it. Or roll the dough into seperate dough balls and freeze them.
I would not recommend freezing the dough balls with the cinnamon-sugar rolled on them. When they defrost, the cinnamon and sugar may become a little wet from the moisture when they thaw, and may dissolve a bit. So keep that in mind if you roll them in the cinnamon and sugar before. That being said, if you want to make them even easier when freezing them, roll them in the cinnamon-sugar and they will be ready to bake after thawing.
Simple Sninckerdoodles can be kept in a tightly covered dish for up to a week, but I am sure they won’t last that long!
Simple Snickerdoodles are the perfect soft cookie covered in cinnamon and sugar. Everyone will love them and they are so fun to make!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened (not melted)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 heaping tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350° Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer, add the sugar, butter and eggs and cream together.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together, set aside.
- Roll the dough into balls. I make my dough balls about the size of a rounded tablespoon.
- Take each ball of dough and roll it in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, making sure the entire ball is covered. Place the dough balls on your lined baking sheet, making sure they are about 1 1/2-2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until they are done to your liking.
- They are super delicious fresh from the oven! Enjoy!