The Perfect Cheese Ball makes the best appetizer for any occasion! It is full of cheesy, garlic goodness and is so easy to make!
This Perfect Cheese Ball is a staple at all of our Holiday parties. But it really is the perfect appetizer for game days, potlucks, and any occasion. It is so easy to make, and has incredible flavor.
TIPS for Making The Perfect Cheese Ball
* Take your cream cheese out of the fridge so it can soften a bit before making this cheeseball.
*Using a mixer helps mix the Velveeta and cream cheese easier! You can do it by hand, it will just be a bit more work!
*Season this cheese ball to your liking. I love mine pretty strong on the garlic flavor. Start out with 1 teaspoon and slowly add in more to taste.
*Chop your green onions pretty small so you don’t end up with overpowering green onion flavor in each bite.
*Make sure your walnuts are chopped pretty small. It makes it easier to eat, and nobody wants a giant walnut on their cracker! You can buy chopped walnuts, but you still may need to chop them up a bit smaller (see photo).
*When rolling the cheese ball if you get your hands a little wet it will help your hands not stick so you can roll it into a smooth ball. This will also make it easier to roll your cheese ball in the walnuts.
*The cheese ball will be pretty soft after making and rolling it. The cheese ball may fall a bit making it a slightly flat ball. To avoid this, just pop it in the fridge to let it firm up a bit before serving. If does flatten a bit, no worries, it still will be delicious! You can serve this cheese ball right away, it just won’t be as firm.
*This recipe will make one large cheese ball or 2 medium sized cheese balls. They stay great in the fridge for 3-4 days. After 3-4 days the walnuts will soften a bit but it still will taste great!
*This cheese ball is so tasty with any cracker but we love Wheat Thins, Chicken Biscuits, Ritz, and Club crackers the best! (I am not getting paid to promote any of those brands.)
The Perfect Cheese Ball
- 16 oz. Velveeta Cheese, original flavor
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped fine
- 1 to 2 tsp garlic powder *start with less, add more to taste
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped small
- crackers for serving
- Using a mixer, mix the Velveeta Cheese and cream cheese together until mixed well.*You can mix it by hand, it will just take a bit more time and effort!
- Add your garlic powder, mix well. Start out with less and add more to taste. Mix it well before tasting each time. Add more garlic powder as needed.
- Add your chopped green onions, mix well.
- Wet your hands just a bit. Using your wet hands, remove the cheese mixture from the bowl. Roll it into a cheese ball. The water should help your hands not stick to the cheese ball and help it roll smooth.
- Roll your cheese ball in the chopped walnuts.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 hours to help it keep it's shape. *It is ok to serve the cheese ball right away- it just won't be as firm!
- When ready to serve, arrange on a platter with crackers of your choice and enjoy!