Easy Chicken and Rice Bake is one of the most delicious easy meals that I make and everyone loves it! It is fast and easy to make, but so yummy!
**Recipe updated January 2021 – still the same, just some little fixes!
Fast Dinner But Takes Time
This easy dinner is so simple. The easy rice and chicken casserole can be made in about 10 minutes but it does take longer to bake!
The chicken and rice has to bake for 90 minutes! So make sure you plan your time accordingly. The good news is, once it is in the oven, there is no peeking! You do not need to check on your chicken and rice. It will be perfectly cooked in 90 minutes and you will have juicy chicken and yummy soft rice.
NOTE: Always make sure to check your chicken after baking to make sure it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
You will need 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of chicken for this casserole dish. I cut my chicken in to about 6-8 pieces, depending on how big the chicken breasts are.
Pound out your chicken breasts or filet them so they are all an even thickness for baking. If your chicken is a bit thicker, it may need to cook a bit longer. Just check the internal temperature always before eating. The chicken needs to reach 165 degrees internal temperature. See below for the digital meat thermometer I use.
The Sauce Ingredients
There are many chicken and rice casseroles out there, and they are all pretty tasty. Most of them use canned cream soups, and we are doing the same thing! If you are against canned cream soups, you can make your own homemade cream of chicken soup. I want a fast and easy recipe for busy nights, so I use the canned stuff!
You will use one can of cream of chicken soup and one can of cream of mushroom soup. Some milk and some melted butter are also added (this is not calorie friendly). NOTE: To measure the milk I use the soup cans – so don’t throw the cans away right away!
To season this easy chicken and rice casserole you will need some garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning and salt and pepper to add to your own personal taste if desired!
DO NOT USE MINUTE RICE FOR THIS RECIPE!
You do not need anything fancy. This recipe is not fancy and just simple. Long grain white rice is all you need for this no peek chicken and rice dish.
You do not need to cook the rice ahead of time! The rice will cook right along with the chicken. You will end up with the best soft rice ever and best juicy chicken!
Making the Rice and Chicken Bake
This recipe is super simple. It will come together in about 10 minutes. Remember it needs 90 minutes to bake though.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease your 9×13 casserole dish.
In a bowl, mix up the soups, milk, butter and seasonings and rice. Adjust the seasonings to your liking as needed.
I love the Poultry seasoning in this dish! It makes it out of this world good and gives it a turkey and stuffing kind of vibe that is so yummy!
Pour half of the soup mixture in the 9×13 dish.
Next, add your thinly sliced chicken breasts. Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken making sure they are covered in the sauce.
Tightly cover your pan with foil and into the oven it goes for 90 minutes.
After 90 minutes, take the Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole out of the oven. Check your chicken making sure it reaches 165 degrees internal temperature.
Serving No Peek Chicken and Rice
You can serve up this Easy Chicken and Rice right after it is out of the oven. The chicken will be juicy and tender and the rice will be soft and flavorful.
Serve it up and enjoy!
For some other yummy dinners try my other version of No Peek Chicken that is Ranch Chicken and Rice Bake! You can also try my Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff or Easy Homemade Macaroni and Cheese for fast dinner ideas!
These are some of the recommended products I used to make this delicious recipe. You can click on any of the products below.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out my latest posts!
- The Most Delicious Fast and Easy Clam Dip
- Easy Mexican Rice
- The Easiest and Best Creamy Alfredo
- Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
- ROLO Pretzel Bites
- Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa
Easy Chicken and Rice Bake
- 1-1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts, cut into thin strips/pieces I usually get about 10-12 thin pieces out of 1-1 1/2 lbs. of chicken or 6-8 larger pieces
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 Soup cans milk (use the soup can)
- 1 cup long grain white rice, not cooked *DO NOT USE MINUTE RICE
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt to taste *optional
- pepper to taste *optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease 9×13 baking dish.
- Thinly slice your chicken breasts and cut into smaller pieces if desired. I slice mine thin and cut the chicken into smaller pieces and get anywhere from 10-12 pieces. If you have larger pieces you may only get 6-8 pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix soups, milk, melted butter and seasonings together. Adjust taste as needed.
- Add rice into the soup mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour half of your soup/rice mixture into 9×13 baking dish. Then place chicken in a single layer into the soup and rice mixture. Pour the remaining soup mixture on top evenly spreading it out making sure the chicken is fully covered.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake in the oven for an hour and a half (90 minutes). The dish is done when the chicken is cooked (internal temperature of 165 degrees) and the rice is soft and fluffy. If your chicken needs to cook longer, cover it with the foil and let it cook longer.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days!