Easy Ranch Chicken and Rice Bake is an easy chicken and rice casserole that you will love! It is a no peek dish that your family will want on repeat!
(You will notice none of the photos for this dish are super colorful or perfectly plated….but don’t be fooled by it simplicity! It is delicious!)
You may be familiar with my Easy Chicken and Rice Bake that is simple and delicious. It is made with some of the same ingredients but the flavor profile is different.
This baked ranch chicken and rice casserole uses dry ranch seasoning mix and it is so yummy! The rice and chicken cook perfectly and the flavor is something we all love! Who doesn’t love the flavors in ranch dressing?!
Cooking Times for Ranch Chicken and Rice Casserole
This meal comes together super fast. You can have it made and ready to bake in about 10 minutes!
The baking time is not as fast. It needs 90 minutes in the oven. This no peek ranch chicken and rice needs a little bit of time in the oven to cook the rice and get that yummy flavor from the ranch seasoning infused in the dish.
Plan your dinner time knowing that this needs an hour and a half to bake. Once you put it in the oven you don’t need to check on it again. It is an easy no peek chicken bake that will leave you with a delicious homecooked meal.
You will need boneless chicken breasts for this chicken and rice dish.
I use 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. of chicken. If your chicken is more thick, you can fillet them or pound them out so they are thinner. Then cut the chicken into pieces.
See below for the meat mallet I have and love. It makes pounding out chicken or any other meat so easy!
I like to cut my chicken into smaller pieces because not all of my boys like big pieces. They can come back for seconds if they want more, but then they aren’t wasting any because the piece of chicken was too big.
Always make sure your chicken reaches 165 degrees internal temperature. You can check the temperature using a meat thermometer. See below for the digital thermometer I have and love! It gives you a fast read so you know if the chicken is done.
There is nothing fancy about the rice you use for this oven baked ranch chicken and rice casserole.
You will need long grain white rice. DO NOT use minute rice for this recipe. The rice will have plenty of time and plenty of sauce to cook perfectly soft!
You will mix the rice right in the sauce and there is no cooking the rice ahead of time!
The Ranch Flavored Sauce
For the yummy savory ranch sauce you will need just a few ingredients.
You will need one can of cream of chicken soup, one can of chicken broth, one (1 oz.) ranch seasoning packet, some sour cream and some black pepper and salt to add to taste.
First, you will add all of the sauce ingredients to a bowl. Mix them all together. Add the pepper and salt to taste, or don’t add any-totally up to you. Give it a quick taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
Add in your long grain rice to the ranch flavored sauce and give it a good stir.
Making the Dish
Your sauce and rice is mixed, the chicken is cut in pieces and you are ready to go.
Take a 9×13 casserole dish and grease it.
Pour half of the sauce and rice in the bottom of the 9×13 casserole dish and spread it out.
Next, take your chicken pieces and lay them out evenly in the bottom of the casserole dish in the sauce.
Take the rest of the sauce and rice mixture and pour it on top of the chicken making sure the chicken pieces are fully covered.
Cover the casserole dish tightly with foil and put it into the oven. It will bake at 400 degrees for 90 minutes.
The great thing about this dish is that once it is in the oven you can walk away! It is the perfect No Peek Ranch Chicken and Rice.
You do not need to check on this dish. It will be done and ready to eat in 90 minutes. The rice will perfectly soft and the chicken will be tender and juicy. I always check my chicken just to make sure it is fully cooked to 165 degrees internal temperature. It is always fully cooked, I have never had to cook it longer.
NOTE: If your chicken hasn’t reached 165 degrees, put it back in the oven and cook it longer until it reaches 165 degrees internal temperature.
Serving the Ranch Chicken and Rice Dish
You can eat this chicken and rice right after it comes out of the oven. Carefully take the foil off of the casserole dish (be careful it is hot and there will be a bit of hot steam).
You will have plenty of rice to eat along side your chicken. Salt and pepper it more if desired and enjoy this yummy Ranch Chicken and Rice.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 3 days and reheated in the microwave. I love it even better the next day!
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
For some other quick and easy dinner ideas, try my Easy Chicken and Rice Bake, my Easy Chicken Enchiladas, Easy Ground Beef Enchiladas, Easy Chicken and Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry, Ranch Chicken, Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff, or our family favorite Easy Homemade Macaroni and Cheese.
Here are some products I used to make this recipe!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.”
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Pumpkin Lush Dessert
- Oven Baked Tacos
- Easy Taco Meat
- Pizza Stuffed Rolls
- Apple Spice Sheet Cake
Ranch Chicken and Rice Bake
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast (boneless, skinless) *cut into pieces, see notes
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice *do not use Minute Rice
- 1 packet (1 oz.) ranch seasoning mix
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 to 1 tsp black pepper *optional to taste
- salt to taste *optional
- Preheat your oven to 400°. Grease a 9×13 baking casserole dish.
- Cut your chicken into 6 to 8 pieces (or however many you like). Pound out your chicken or filet it as needed so it is an even thickness.
- In a bowl, add your cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, sour cream, ranch seasoning and mix it well. Add your salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Add your rice to the soup mixture and mix well.
- Pour half of your soup and rice mixture in the bottom of the greased casserole dish.
- Place your chicken pieces in the sauce in the pan. Make sure they are evenly spaced out.
- Pour the rest of the soup and rice mixture over top of the chicken. Spread it evenly over the chicken, making sure the chicken is covered.
- Cover the casserole dish tightly with foil. Place it in the oven to cook for 90 minutes! No need to check on the chicken.
- Once the dish has cooked for 90 minutes take it out of the oven. The chicken should be cooked fully, but check the internal temperature of your chicken using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature needs to reach 165 degrees.*If your chicken is not at 165 degrees, cover the dish again with foil and bake for longer until it reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve and enjoy! Store any leftovers in the fridge for 3 days and reheat the chicken and rice in the microwave.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and should only be used as an approximation.
Check out these extra yummy photos!