Easy Mexican Rice is made with simple ingredients.
This delicious, perfectly seasoned rice pairs well with all Mexican dishes. Stuff it inside a shredded chicken burrito, a shredded beef burrito, put it on loaded nachos, add it to a salad, or eat it as a side with tacos, enchiladas or quesadillas.
The Basic Ingredients
This rice has all of the flavor that you love and is so easy to make!! The ingredients are simple and it is perfect for all Mexican dishes.
Easy Mexican Rice is made with taco seasoning, a little bit of cumin and simmers in chicken broth, tomato sauce and green chilis to give a rich flavor. This Mexican Rice is every bit as good as rice you will get in a restaurant.
It is an easy recipe that calls for the long grain white rice, chicken broth, a little bit of oil, tomato sauce, mild green chilis (totally optional), taco seasoning, and cumin. It is simple!
Cook it Up Fast
First, you will toast the rice in a saucepan with some oil, over medium heat.
Mix the rice making sure it’s all covered with the oil.
After it starts to get a nice toasty look to it, add the tomato sauce, the chicken broth, green Chilis, seasonings and mix well.
Turn the heat up to high so it can reach a boil.
Once it’s boiling, put a lid on your sauce pan and reduce the heat to low.
Let it simmer for a good 20 minutes! Don’t lift the lid and check on it, let the steam and moisture stay in the pan. After 20 minutes, most of the moisture should be pretty much absorbed.
Remove from the heat and let rest 5 minutes.
Fluff with a fork and give it a good to stir to mix in all the ingredients.
Easy Mexican Rice is the perfect fast and easy Mexican side dish. Serve as a side with your favorite Mexican dishes, stuffed in a burrito, or any way you choose!
Hope you enjoy!
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
For some other delicious easy Mexican dishes, try my Chipotle (Copycat) chicken, Cheese Enchiladas, Fast and Easy Chicken Enchiladas, my Fast and Easy Ground Beef Enchiladas, my Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken, my Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef. Also try my amazing Homemade Enchilada Sauce or my Homemade Green Enchilada Sauce for all of your Mexican dishes!
Here are some products I used to make this recipe!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.”
Check Out My Latest Posts!
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Pumpkin Lush Dessert
- Oven Baked Tacos
- Easy Taco Meat
- Pizza Stuffed Rolls
- Apple Spice Sheet Cake
- 2 tbsp canola or olive oil
- 1 cup long grain, white rice, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 oz) mild green chilis, drained optional
- 1 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning any brand
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Heat the oil in a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat. Add the rice and stir making sure the rice is covered with the oil. Keep stirring until its lightly toasted.
- Add the chicken broth, and tomato sauce to the rice, mix well. Turn the heat up to high.
- Add in the drained green chilis (you do not have to add the entire can, just add the amount to your liking, or leave them completely out if you prefer).
- Add the taco seasoning and cumin. Mix well. Turn the heat up to high and let it come to a boil.
- Cover the sauce pan with a lid. Turn the heat down to low.
- Let the rice simmer on low for about 20 minutes, or until the moisture is mostly absorbed and the rice is tender-soft.
- Remove from the heat and keep the lid on. Let the rice rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, fluff with a fork and stir, making sure the ingredients are fully mixed.
- Serve with your favorite Mexican dishes.
- This rice will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and should only be used as an approximation.