I love any sort of salsa and I love anything that you can dip with a chip! I am definitely more of a salty food lover than a sweet eater but I love the sweets too! And this pineapple mango salsa has both salty and sweet with a touch of heat!! It is fresh and delicious!
This salsa can be thrown together in about 10 minutes and will be the best snack or Mexican food topping you have ever tried!
I love to eat mine with tortilla chips but you can put it on tacos, burritos enchiladas or toss it in a salad, or however you like!
For this salsa you will need mangoes, pineapple, one medium sized jalapeño, a red bell pepper, a small-medium red onion, some fresh lemon and lime juice and some kosher salt. You will love all the fresh ingredients and how they come together! It is fresh, sweet, a little bit spicy with the jalapeno and red onion and down right delicious!
I used about 5 mangos, not quite an entire pineapple, one medium sized onion (I like a lot of onion in mine), a medium jalapeno (you can use more or less or your liking) and one red bell pepper. You will need to dice/chop up your pineapple, mangoes, red onion and red pepper and put them in a bowl. You can see in the pictures that I dice mine pretty small but you can dice it as big or as small as you like. Dice your jalapeño into tiny pieces. Squeeze your fresh lemon and lime juice, add your kosher salt and give it a good mix. Adjust the juices or salt as needed. You can easily add more or less of any of the ingredients, the recipe is just how I like mine but it is easy to adjust as needed.
I like the salsa better after it has chilled and sat in refrigerator for a few hours. The flavors just seem to come together a bit more. But you can eat it as soon as it is made! It is a fresh and sweet with a bit of heat that you will love!
Hope you enjoy!
The Best Ever Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 2 cups pineapple, diced small
- 1 1/2 cups mangoes, diced small
- 1 red pepper, diced small about 3/4 cup
- 1 small-medium red onion, diced small about 3/4-1 cup
- 1 medium jalapeno, diced very small about 3 tbsp
- 1 tsp kosher salt or more to taste
- juice from 1 lime, squeezed fresh or more to taste
- juice from 1 lemon, squeezed fresh or more to taste
- Dice/Chop all the ingredients, then add to a bowl and mix well. Add your fresh squeezed lime juice, lemon juice, and kosher salt and mix well.
- Serve with tortilla chips or with any Mexican dish.
- This salsa can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.