Homemade Restaurant Style is Salsa is just like your favorite Mexican Restaurant but made right at home!
Easy ingredients (canned tomatoes) along with some fresh ingredients make this homemade salsa, easy and so delicious! You can blend it to your liking…chunky, smooth or somewhere in between. You can can control the heat, but no matter what you will love this recipe!Jump to Recipe
We have all been to our favorite Mexican Restaurant and stuffed ourselves on the fresh salsa and chips leaving no room for our enchiladas (or am I alone on that?)! And we have all thought to ourselves I wish I had that salsa that tastes like a Mexican restaurant.
Well, thanks to my sweet friends who asked for the salsa recipe at the restaurant they were at, we can all have fresh, homemade, restaurant style salsa. So I guess once this becomes your favorite salsa, you should thank them, not me! But it really is delicious! Restaurant Salsa right at home!
Ingredients for Restaurant Style Salsa
You will need 2 cans of petite diced tomatoes. I know you’re thinking “canned tomatoes don’t scream fresh”, but with everything else we add, the fresh taste is there!
For the fresh stuff: you will need a jalapeno, a green bell pepper, a white onion, cilantro, lime juice, and then garlic salt, black pepper and cumin.
Blender or Food Processor
I use a food processor, but a blender works too. Throw it all in and blend it up to your desired consistency. If you like it chunky don’t blend for too long, for a smooth texture, blend away!
Side Note: See below for the food processor I have (this is actually the newer version of mine) and I LOVE IT! I have had it at least 12 years and it still works great! It has an “S” blade to chop, puree and blend and has a slice/shred disc that works great too! So you can even grate/shred cheese with it!
Make it to Your Liking
This Restaurant Style salsa is perfect! You can make it to your liking!
If you want more heat, add the jalapeno seeds, or add more jalapeño.
You can choose to blend this salsa until it is super smooth. Or, blend it just for quick second and leave it chunky. It is up to you!
You can add more seasonings, more juice or more of any of the fresh ingredients to make it to your liking! It is your Homemade Salsa so make it to your liking and use the recipe as a place to start!
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
If you want an easy Blender Salsa with easy ingredients try my Easy Blender Salsa, or for a sweet fruity salsa try my Pineapple Mango Salsa. For some easy Mexican dishes that would be tasty with this salsa try my Mexican Chicken in the Slow Cooker, Easy Chicken Enchiladas, Homemade Enchilada Sauce, easy Mexican Rice, or my Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa for a delicious dinner!
Here are some products I used to make this recipe!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.”
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- White Queso Dip
- Cheese Enchiladas
- Avocado Salsa
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Halloween Marshmallow Pops
Homemade Restaurant Style Salsa
- 2 cans (14.5 oz ) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeds removed and chopped
- 1/3 medium white onion, chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, stems removed, leaves only
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp cumin *or more to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 oz water
- In a blender or food processor, open and add both cans of tomatoes.
- Chop 1/3 of the white onion and add to the blender or food processor.
- Chop the green bell pepper (remove the seeds) and add to the blender or food processor.
- Chop the jalapeno (remove seeds- unless you want the heat), and add to the blender or food processor. You can start out adding half the jalapeno if you are worried about the heat, then add in more as needed.
- Remove stems from cilantro, adding only the leaves. Add to the blender or food processor.
- Add in fresh lime juice, garlic salt, cumin, black pepper and water.
- Blend to your desired texture- chunky or smooth!
- This salsa will keep in a tightly sealed container for a week.