Halloween Marshmallow Pops are super simple to make and are a fun treat kids love to eat!
You are going to love making these Halloween Marshmallow Treats. They are made with just a few ingredients and are the perfect treat for Halloween!Jump to Recipe
What You Will Need for Halloween Marshmallow Pops
You will need the bigger marshmallows (Jet Puffed size, not mini) for Halloween Marshmallow Pops, some candy melts or melting chocolate, cake pop sticks and Halloween sprinkles.
Candy Melts or Melting Chocolate
I love using candy melts because you can get them in so many colors and they taste delicious. For this recipe I use orange colored, vanilla candy melts. Any Halloween color will work!
You can also use melting chocolate. It just won’t be a fun color. You will not be able to add food dye or food coloring to the melting chocolate to make it a Halloween color. Adding food coloring or dye will usually ”seize” the chocolate and ruin it. So don’t take the chance of the chocolate seizing and just melt white chocolate or milk chocolate and the sprinkles can make the Halloween Marshmallow Pops colorful.
Melting the Candy Melts or Melting Chocolate
I use a microwave safe bowl and slowly melt the candy melts. I start out letting them heat for one minute stirring them occasionally. Then, I put the candy melts back into the microwave for 30 seconds, take it out and stir it again. I keep heating the candy melts in 30 second increments and stirring it until it is fully melted and smooth.
To melt either the candy melts or melting chocolate in a sauce pan on your stove, heat them on medium-low heat and keep stirring the candy melts/chocolate until it is fully melted and smooth. Remove it from the heat.
I love cute sprinkles. For these Halloween Marshmallow Treats I like to use a variety of Halloween sprinkles. I have found that sprinkles with larger sprinkles have a harder time sticking to the marshmallow. But you can use any sprinkles you like!
To make it easier to dip the pops (and it is easier for kids to help), use a muffin pan and fill each muffin cup with sprinkles.
It is easier to dip the marshmallow in sprinkles instead of shaking the sprinkles on the marshmallows. If you don’t have a muffin pan, plates or small bowls will work.
The Sticks for Marshmallow Pops
I use sticks that are made for cake pops. Most stores have cake pop sticks that are just basic colors. But during the holidays Walmart and most stores have cake pop sticks that are holiday colors. If you can’t find cake pop sticks, sucker sticks or even kabob skewers or popsicle sticks will work too!
Making the Halloween Marshmallow Pops
Making the Halloween Marshmallow Pops are super easy but so fun!
Take your cake pop sticks and poke them into the marshmallows.
Then take each marshmallow pop and dip it into the candy melts/chocolate.
Then dip it in the sprinkles.
Place the marshmallow pop with sprinkles on parchment paper to dry.
Repeat dipping the marshmallows in the candy melts and sprinkles until all of your marshmallows are dipped and covered in sprinkles.
Let the marshmallow pops dry for at least 10 minutes (an hour is better) and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
For some other fun Halloween treats, try my Halloween Muddy Buddy snack mix, Rice Krispy Ghosts or Spooky Popcorn or Candy Corn Cookie Pizza.
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- Jolly Rancher Slushies
- Chipotle Chicken
- Fast and Easy Pasta Salad
- Shrimp Salad
- Foil Packet Loaded Potatoes
- Easy Pretzel Bites (made from store bought pizza crust dough)
Halloween Marshmallow Pops
- 1 (10 oz.) Pkg Jet Puffed Marshmallows *not mini marshmallows but the bigger/regular size
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg Candy Melts (Halloween colored preferred) *see notes for alternative
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Cake Pop Sticks *see notes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or place a large piece of parchment paper on your counter. You will place the dipped marhsmallow pops on the parchment paper to dry.
- Pour out your sprinkles into a muffin pan. Each different sprinkle can be poured into its own muffin cup for easy dipping. You can also use small bowls or plates and dump the sprinkles in the bowls or on the plates. *Dipping the marshmallow in sprinkles is much faster than shaking sprinkles on each marshmallow.
- Poke each cake pop stick into a marshmallow and set them aside on the parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add your candy melts or melting chocolate. Let it heat for one minute then stir it. Place it back in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring it after each 30 seconds. Keep heating it for 30 seconds at a time and stirring it until it is smooth and fully melted.*For stovetop melting: stir the chocolate/candy non stop-over med-low heat in a saucepan.
- Take each marshmallow on stick and dip it into the melted candy melts/chocolate. Then dip to into the sprinkles. Place it on the parchment paper to dry. Repeat until all of your marshmallows are dipped.
- Let the Halloween Marshmallow Pops dry for at least 10 minutes (an hour is ideal). Enjoy this fun treat!
Pingback: Halloween Marshmallow Pops — The Butcher’s Wife | My Meals are on Wheels