Halloween Muddy Buddy Snack Mix is your favorite peanut butter-chocolate treat with a fun Halloween twist!
I love Muddy Buddies and I love making this peanut butter and chocolate Halloween snack mix! It comes together in minutes and is always a hit at Halloween parties!Jump to Recipe
What You Need to Make Halloween Muddy Buddies
You will need milk chocolate chips, creamy peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, Chex cereal and some fun Halloween mix-ins. You can use any fun Halloween candy or sprinkles. I used mini peanut butter cups (because, duh-more peanut butter and chocolate is always a good idea), some mini kit-kat candy bars, Halloween M&Ms in assorted flavors and cute eyeball candy sprinkles. If you like candy corns that would be fun to add too.
Melting the Chocolate and Peanut Butter
This Halloween Muddy Snack Mix is easy to make and everything you love about muddy buddies! It has the chocolate, the peanut butter and powdered sugar and some extra fun Halloween add-ins!
To make the Muddy Buddies for Halloween you will need milk chocolate chips, Chex cereal, creamy peanut butter and butter (to help it melt smooth).
Melt the chocolate, peanut butter and butter in a saucepan. Start it out over medium heat. Once it starts to melt, turn it down to medium-low heat. Watch it closely and take it off of the heat as soon as it is smooth and melted.
Making the Halloween Muddy Buddies
After the chocolate-peanut butter mixture is melted, pour it over the Chex cereal and gently mix it. Don’t mix it too hard or you will crush the Chex cereal.
Then, you will dust the chocolate and peanut butter Chex cereal with the powdered sugar. A large bowl makes it easier to mix it and cover it all.
Spread the muddy buddies out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Then you can easily add in the Halloween extras!
Enjoy this sweet Halloween snack mix at your next Halloween party or make it to snuggle up and watch some Halloween movies!
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- The Best Bean Dip
- Firecracker Chicken
- Creamy Chicken Bacon Pasta
- Chicken Taquitos (Rolled Tacos)
- Fast and Easy French Bread Pizza
- Easy Butter Cracker Chicken
Halloween Muddy Buddy Snack Mix
- 12 oz. Box Chex Cereal
- 1 (11.5 oz.) pkg Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup Butter *I prefer salted butter to make it a bit more salty and sweet
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- Halloween Candy – M&Ms, mini peanut butter cups, mini kit-kats, eyeball sprinkles etc. * any Halloween candy is great, see notes
- Pour the Chex cereal in a large bowl. (A large bowl will make it easier tor mix the cereal with the other ingredients). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add the butter, chocolate chips, and creamy peanut butter. Let it melt on medium heat. Once it starts to melt turn the heat down to medium-low heat and stir the chocolate and peanut butter until it is melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour the melted chocolate-peanut butter mixture over the Chex cereal and gently mix it until it fully covered.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar over the chocolate and peanut butter covered Chex cereal. Mix it gently until it is fully covered in powdered sugar.
- Spread the Muddy Buddies on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Add the Halloween Mix-in extra candy. Serve, eat and enjoy!