Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect fall treat!
These soft, easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect pumpkin-chocolate duo! If you like pumpkin and you like chocolate you will love these cookies!
The Spices in Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Spice is absolutely delicious! It is a blend of cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice.
For these cookies you can just add some pumpkin spice but I prefer to add some cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger separately instead. I think it is the perfect blend to compliment the canned pumpkin puree and once the chocolate chips are added it is insanely delicious!
You can use whichever you prefer. Either pumpkin spice, or as my recipe states use cinnamon, ground ginger and ground nutmeg. It is totally up to you! See the notes in the recipe.
No mixer is needed for these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies…that is right! No mixer needed! And they can be made in the oven in about 10 minutes!
The Dry Ingredients
In one bowl, add your flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Mix it up.
The Wet Ingredients
In your other bowl, add your egg, canola or vegetable oil, vanilla extract and canned pumpkin. Mix it all together.
Making Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
You will need a baking sheet or sheet pan to bake the cookies on.
I prefer to use parchment paper on a half sheet pan to bake the cookies. A silicone baking mat works great, and you can also grease your pan.
Measure out your dry ingredients in one bowl and mix them together.
Then measure and mix your wet ingredients in another bowl.
Next, add your dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Mix it all up. It will seem really dry at first but keep stirring! Stir only until the ingredients are fully mixed. The dough will be sticky and wet, this is normal!
Last, add the chocolate chips and mix well. I love milk chocolate chips but semi-sweet are more traditional!
Baking Pumpkin Chocolate Cookies
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper, or grease your baking sheet/cookie sheet. I use half sheet pans (see below for the ones I have and love).
This recipe will make 2-3 dozen cookies depending on how big your cookie scoops are.
If you use a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough you will have smaller cookies and about 3 dozen cookies. If you use a really big heaping tablespoon that is more like 2 large tablespoons you will get 2 dozen larger cookies.
Scoop your dough, using a tablespoon or your hands. It is sticky and this is normal. The dough is super soft and will make a super soft cakey cookie.
Drop the cookie dough scoop on your baking sheet.
I drop mine on the baking sheet, so they aren’t super perfectly round. If you want your cookies more round and smooth, roll them in your hands making a really round cookie dough ball.
Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. If the scoops are larger you will need to bake them for 12 minutes. If they are smaller, 10 minutes should be plenty.
Take them out of the oven when they are done and enjoy! These easy soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are so amazing straight out of the oven with a big glass of cold milk!
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
Here are some products I used to make this recipe!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.”
Check out my latest posts!
- Yummy Carrot Cake
- Creamy Baked Chicken
- Easy Peppermint Dip
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Pumpkin Lush Dessert
- Oven Baked Tacos
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon *see notes if wanting to use pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger *see notes if wanting to use pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg *see notes if wanting to use pumpkin spice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips *you can add more if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350° Grease or line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the dry ingredients. Add your flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger and ground nutmeg. (See notes about using pumpkin spice in place of the spices listed above). Mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate mixing bowl add your wet ingredients. Add your egg, oil, canned pumpkin and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. When you start mixing the dough it will seem dry but keep stirring, it will mix in!
- Add your chocolate chips and mix well.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop cookie dough into a heaping tablespoon and drop on your baking sheet, making sure they are evenly spaced out. *If you want smaller cookies, scoop a heaping tablespoon for each cookie. You will end up with about 3 dozen smaller cookies. If you want larger cookies, using a really large heaping tablespoon scoop (it will be more than a 2 tablespoon large scoop). You will end up with about 2 dozen larger cookies if your cookies are scooped larger.**I just drop the cookie dough on the baking sheet, this makes more textured cookies (see photos). If you want a smooth round cookie, roll the cookie dough in your hands into a perfect cookie dough ball so it bakes more smooth and round.
- Bake your cookies for 10-12 minutes. Smaller cookies will bake about 10 minutes, larger cookies will need 12 minutes.
- Take the cookies out of the oven once they are done and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and should only be used as an approximation.