No Bake OREO Cheesecake is sweet, decadent and will fix those sweet tooth cravings! These dessert bars have a crushed Oreo cookie bottom with a cheesecake like filling with more crushed Oreos added in the layers! This is what dessert bar dreams are made of!
OREO TRADEMARK: Just to be completely transparent I realize this is a recipe using OREOs in its ingredients and in the recipe name, OREO is an existing trademarked product. OREO is a proprietary brand and I acknowledge/give credit to them for OREO. I do not claim to own, or have made up OREO. This is simply a recipe using OREOs (Which are delicious by the way).
While I generally prefer salty over sweet there are few sweet treats I love and can’t pass up! These Oreo Dessert Bars are one of those that I will eat every time if given the chance! They are super yummy and really easy to make.
They are sort of a mashup of ice box cake, meets no bake cheesecake. No cooking, baking and minimal measuring. When I say this recipe is easy, I am not exaggerating!
Ingredients for these Oreo Dessert Bars
There are minimal ingredients you will need to make this sweet no bake OREO cheesecake treat!
You will need Oreos, and some butter to make the cookie crust bottom.
For the filling you will need cream cheese, sour cream, whipped topping (like Cool Whip), sugar and some more Oreos. That is it! 6 ingredients and you are on your way to Oreo Dessert Bar heaven!
Making the Dessert Bars Cookie Bottom Crust
To make the dessert you will take some Oreos, crush them up in a food processor. A zip top bag and a meat mallet or rolling pin works great too. They need to be finely crushed..see the photo!
You will then add melted butter to the Oreo crumbs, and then press it into an 8×8 baking dish.
I line my baking dish with parchment paper, foil works too. This help for easy dessert bar removal, and easy cleanup!
You can simply grease your pan if you don’t want to line it. If lining your pan, make sure to leave some extra parchment paper or foil on the sides to help you lift the bars out of the pan for cutting and serving!
Pop the pan in to your freezer for at least 15 minutes for the crust to harden and set. While it is in the freezer make your filling and rough chop some more Oreos for the filling and top.
Making the Dessert Bars Cream Cheese Filling
DISCLAIMER: These dessert bars need to set up in the freezer for at least 6 hours (overnight is great too). So plan accordingly!
The filling is like an ice box cake, and a no-bake cheesecake! You will want to use your mixer with the whisk attachment or a hand mixer to mix the filling.
Mix together the cream cheese (make sure it is softened), sour cream, sugar and whipped topping. Mix until it is fluffy!
Then, take some more Oreos and chop them up. A rough chop is all that is needed. I prefer bigger cookie pieces in my layers. You will layer these rough chopped cookie bits on top of the cream cheese filling layers.
Take the crust out of the freezer and take half of the cream cheese filling and spread it on top of the cookie crust.
Then, take half of your chopped cookies and spread them on top of the cream cheese filling. You can add more than the recipe states if you want a lot of cookie pieces. I like to squish them into the cream cheese layer.
Next, take the rest of the cream cheese filling and spread it on top of the layer you just did. Top with the rest of the cookie crumbles. I like to add the little bit of cookie dust on top too! Remember you can use more cookies than the recipe states for the top and in the middle of the dessert!
The dessert needs to go back in to the freezer to set up.
It needs at least 6 hours in the freezer and then needs to sit out for a good 15-20 minutes to soften to make cutting and eating easier! If you have leftovers, store them in the freezer.
After it has set, take it out of the freezer and let it warm up a bit before cutting. Then, eat and enjoy! You will want seconds!
To cut the bars easily, just lift the dessert bars out using the sides of the parchment paper, then cut into squares right on the parchment paper!
For some other delicious dessert recipes, try my Lemon Cheesecake Crumble Bars, Caramel Apple Bars, Pecan Cheesecake Bars, Easy S’mores Ice Cream Cake, my Banana Bars, Lemon Sheet Cake or Peanut Butter Fingers.
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
Here are some products I used to make this recipe!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.”
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- Pumpkin Lush Dessert
- Oven Baked Tacos
- Easy Taco Meat
- Pizza Stuffed Rolls
- Apple Spice Sheet Cake
- Raspberry Sweet Rolls
No Bake OREO Cheesecake
- 1 pkg (14.3 oz) Oreo Cookies *divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. whipped topping (like Cool Whip), thawed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- Line your 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper or foil. This will make it easier to serve and will make for an easier clean up! You can also just lightly grease the pan.
- Using a food processor grind 20 Oreo Cookies in to crumbs. Grind them so they are fine. See photo above to see how fine I grind mine.
- Put the cookie crumbs in a medium sized bowl and add the melted butter to the cookie crumbs. Mix them together so all of the crumbs are mixed in with the butter.
- Press the cookie crumbs in to the bottom of your lined 8×8 baking dish.
- Put the dish with the cookie crumb crust in the freezer to let it set, for 15 minutes.
- While the cookie bottom crust is setting, make the cream cheese filling. Using your mixer with the whisk attachment, mix the softened cream cheese, whipped topping, sour cream and sugar together. Mix until it is fluffy and there are no lumps from the cream cheese.
- Take 12 more Oreos and rough chop them so they are in cookie bits. They don't have to be a certain size. Just chop them up. This will be layered in the middle of the cream cheese filling and on top, so if you want more Oreos in the filling and on top, chop up more! (I like to use the cookie powder that comes from chopping the cookies to sprinkle on top!)
- Once the crust has set, take half of the cream cheese filling and spread it on top of the cookie bottom crust.
- Then take half of your chopped Oreo bits and spread them on top of the cream cheese layer. I like to squish mine down in the filling a little bit. Add as many Oreos bits as you like, just leave some for the top!
- Spread the rest of the cream cheese filling on top of the Oreo bits. Then top with remaining Oreo bits and even some of the Oreo powder that was made when you chopped the cookies.
- Cover the dessert with foil and put it in the freezer for at least 6 hours, or overnight to let it set up.
- Take the dessert out 15 minutes before you are wanting to serve it so it can soften a bit. Cut the dessert into squares and enjoy! For easy cutting, just lift the dessert bars out using the sides of the parchment paper. It will easily lift right out on the parchment paper so you can cut and serve with ease!
- You can keep any leftovers in the freezer!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and should only be used as an approximation.