ROLO Pretzel Bites are an easy treat everyone loves! A salty pretzel topped with a ROLO and M&M make this salty and sweet treat a hit every time!
These sweet and salty treats could not be easier! Line up the pretzels, top with a ROLO and bake them for just a few minutes to slightly melt the chocolate. Then top with a mini M&M and they are done!
Kids love helping make this treat, and love eating it!
A treat that is salty and sweet is perfection! Pretzels bring the salty component of these ROLO Pretzel Bites. You can use any type of pretzel as long as they are smaller. I love using the square pretzels that are called “Snaps”, but you can use the mini pretzels that are just small regular pretzels. You just need a pretzel big enough to top with a ROLO.
Line a baking sheet (I use a half sheet pan) with parchment paper and line up the pretzels on the baking sheet. You can put them pretty close together. I fit about 80 pretzels on my sheet pan. (Isn’t that cutest helper in that photo?!)
The ROLO Chocolates (or other chocolate)
The chocolate to combine with the salty pretzels is a ROLO. The milk chocolate candy with caramel inside perfectly pairs with the pretzels. The ROLOs fit just right on the square pretzel and will melt just enough to stick to them!
Place a ROLO on top of each pretzel. (Once again, cutest helpers hand in the photo!)
OTHER CHOCOLATE OPTIONS: Hershey Kisses are super yummy in place of ROLOs. Hugs are delicious too. Any type of Kiss or Hug will work…the ones with Almonds are so yummy, but all of the other seasonal flavors are super tasty too!
Baking the ROLO Pretzel Bites
You need to put these yummy treats in the oven for just a few minutes. This will help the chocolate melt a bit to stick to the pretzel.
Pop the pan in the oven for 3-4 minutes. The oven only bakes at 200 degrees Fahrenheit, so it will not melt the chocolate fully. It will just get them hot enough to soften to stick to the pretzel. Bake the ROLO Pretzel Bites until they are slightly soft, still have kept their shape mostly, and are a bit glossy. (See photo below).
Topping the ROLO Pretzel Bites
After the ROLOS have softened in the oven you can top them with many things. We love to keep it simple and love adding mini M&Ms. (Not getting paid to promote M&Ms). The mini M&M fits perfectly on top of the ROLO and gives the ROLO Pretzel Bite a pop of color. It is super fun to add seasonal M&Ms (full size) to the top for all of the holidays.
Just add a mini M&M (or whatever you choose) to the top of the warm ROLO. (There is that cute hand again!)
You can also add a Pecan or other nut on top, some small cookie dough balls, or any other candy you wish!
You can push the M&M into the ROLO a bit if you want. This will also push down and flatten the M&M if you want it squished on the pretzel more. Either way, the pretzel will stick to the ROLO just fine! (See photos below for the look of each).
Eating the sweet and salty treat
Do you need me to tell you how to eat these yummy simple treats? I LOVE eating a few fresh out of the oven because the caramel and chocolate is warm and melty. You can serve them whenever and however you like. Let them cool before storing them. I store mine on a paper plate in a zip top bag, but they don’t usually last very long!
For a healthier snack, try my No Bake Protein Energy Bites!
Need a salty savory quick snack? Try my Butter Ranch Pretzels.
If you liked this recipe please take the time to leave a comment and a star rating below! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!
Here are some products I used to make this recipe!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.”
Check out the latest posts from the Butcher’s Wife!
- Creamy Chicken Bacon Pasta
- Chicken Taquitos (Rolled Tacos)
- Fast and Easy French Bread Pizza
- Easy Butter Cracker Chicken
- Homemade Chocolate Sauce
- Baked Taco Dip
ROLO Pretzel Bites
- 1 bag Pretzels *I prefer "Snaps (square pretzels) or Mini Pretzels
- 1 bag ROLOs chocolate candy *see notes
- 1 bag mini M&Ms or regular M&Ms *see notes
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I use my half sheet pan and it fits 80 pretzels on it.
- Place your pretzels in a single layer on the parchment paper line baking sheet. I put 80 on my half sheet pan.
- Place a ROLO (or other chocolate candy) on top of each pretzel.
- Place the pan of pretzels and ROLOs in the oven for 3-4 minutes. The ROLOs will not fully melt. They just need to soften to stick to the pretzels. The chocolate should be melty and soft when you touch it and look a bit glossy, but not fully melted.
- Take the ROLO pretzel bites out of the oven and place a mini M&M (or regular M&M) in the center of each ROLO. You can press the M&M into the ROLO which will press the ROLO into the pretzel more if you like, but this is not needed. The pretzel will stick to the ROLO just fine without pressing it in. *See blog post above and photos to see what it looks like pressed in and not pressed in.
- Let the ROLO Pretzel Bites cool and enjoy! (I always sneak a few when the chocolate and caramel are warm and melty and they are heavenly!)Store any leftovers on a plate covered to keep them fresh or in a zip top bag. ( I put mine on a paper plate and then put it inside a zip top bag to keep the treats flat).